chapter xviii

DAY AFTER
~ANAYSIA~

DAY AFTER~ANAYSIA~

" Just act normal..." Devyn says to me as we walk into the studio. There are two different rooms that are separated by a door. The rooms are dark, but are lightened up with low LED lights. There are about 4 people in there that Devyn introduces me to. I sit on the couch and watch everything that is going on. Devyn sits next to me and starts to write lyrics in her journal pad. I help her come up with ideas on what to write about.

Suddenly, I see the one and only DJ Quik walk into the studio with Mary J. Blige.

" Gi-Girl, lookkk!!!!" I semi yell to Devyn

" Cmon, let me introduce you. They always come in here and get some work done."

I shake hands with both of them and shake with excitement.

" Aye Dev, I like miss Anasyia...bring her around here more" Mary says as she walks into the other room.

" Yeah, we could use the energy around here. Shit gets boring" Mr. Quik says. We all laugh and I head back to the couch. I'm in here by myself, as Devyn stayed she was going to pick us up some food with one of the dudes in the studio. I told her I wanted to stay and see how things operate in here. Two dudes and a girl walk into to where I was at, using the studio.

"Anaysia?"

My head pops up fast as I don't recognize the deep voice saying my name. At first, I don't realize who it is, but it all comes back to me once he says his name.

"Oh, hey Jason...what are you doing here?"

" I produce music. It's sorta my side hustle."

" Oh, that's pretty cool."

" Yeah, what are you doing here?"

" Devyn. She invited me to the session. I said I wanted to come to one, so I came."

" Ah, Dev. She's cold at this shit. She knows what she doing, for real."

" I believe you. So what exactly do you do?" Jason sits next to me and starts to explains what he does. He says he's not a main producer, but co-produces songs. He's co-produced one of DJ Quik's songs and he's produced a Jodeci track before.