chapter xx

note: Jace is now a main character in this story now😝

SATURDAY, AFTERNOON
JACE

I'm really digging Anasyia. Today I'm taking her to my neighborhood for a cookout. It's something I had already planned on attending, but she's my guest.

" Where are we going?! I wanna know!" Anasyia says eagerly.

"I told you it's a surprise. You've probably been to one before. I hope at least..." I say.

About 45 minutes later, we make it to our destination. There's a bunch of people getting food, chatting amongst themselves, and enjoying the cookout.

" This is where you're taking me?" Anasyia asks.

" Yeah. What's wrong with it?"

"  Nothing...This place is boomin..."

I watch and grin as she dances to get a plate. After we get plates to eat, we sit near a tree. I notice my mom walking toward us.

" What's going on moms?"

" Who's this?" she immediately asks.

" I'm Anaysia, Jace's friend. Nice to meet you..." Anasyia says, shaking my mom's hand. My mom was about to say something else, but my uncle calls her over.

" You ain't tell me I was meeting with parents today...." Anasyia says while biting into some chicken. I wipe her mouth with a napkin, and chuckle.

" I ain't expect her to come so early. We here as friends anyway, right?"

She nods her yes, and finishes her plate. I catch her staring at some of my cuzzos playing a game of tug o war.

"Why don't you go play? " she says.

" Nah, I'm gon chill here with you..."

" Impress me. You ain't known to back away from no challenge, am I right?"

I get up, taking off my flannel, and play the game. While I'm playing, I see Anasyia laughing and cheering me on.

~ANAYSIA~

Jace comes back from playing tug o war.

"You impressed?" he asks me. He's only wearing a tank top now, showing his broad muscles. I nod my head, while biting my lip.

" Aye, not in public...." he says, which takes me out of my trance.

I laugh and fall into his arms and we walk around, enjoying the cookout. Suddenly, a cameraman walks up to Jace, asking him a ton of questions.

" Don't you see I'm enjoying some time with my fam?" he says angrily.

" Wait, just one question please!!" the cameraman says running behind us. Jace stops and turns around.

"What?"

" You were seen at UCLA a couple days back. Is this a sign of you wanting to attend?"

" There's no comment on that. Thank you."

We walk off, but I hear the cameraman say something about going to a movie premiere. A bunch of people start to follow behind. He takes us to his car and sit for a moment until the streets are clear of people.