chapter xvi

SATURDAY EVENING, 6pm
| ANAYSIA|

SATURDAY EVENING, 6pm| ANAYSIA|

" Hello?"

" Hi, is this Devyn?"

" Yeah, this is her. Who's this?"

" This is Anaysia. We agreed to hang today..."

"Oh yeah! Where are we going again?"

" We can meet at the Rucker's Amusement Park. Me and some my other friends are going too..."

" Alright. I guess I'll see you there."

"See you there."

I hang up the phone, and head to the car. My father is on the front porch, smoking a cigarette. As I walk pass him, he calls my name. I turn around and he stands up.

" So you have a boyfriend?"

" Ain't that what Angie told you?"

" Don't get smart with me. Answer my damn question."

" Yes, I do."

" Well, I want to meet him. Invite for dinner tomorrow at 5."

I nod and get in my car, heading to get Ronnie.

__

" Hey shorty."

" Hey Ronnie..." I say. He gives me a kiss on the cheek before he closes his door.

"You look good tonight."

I grin and smile. He quickly notices the nervousness on my face. I'm tryna find a way to tell him that he's going to have dinner with my family tomorrow.

" Anaysia, what's on your mind?...you not acting the same..." Ronnie says as we stop at a stoplight.

" My father knows...knows about us."

" He can't make you do anything you don't want to do..."

" Of course. It just that he wants you to come to dinner tomorrow."

" Oh ok...I'm down with that. Why you trippin for?"

" Because you don't know my dad. He's crazy."

" Aye, I can handle anything he throws at me. If it means to stay with you, then I'll do it. Stop stressin ma."

He puts his hand on my thigh, and rubs there. I smile, and we continue to make our way to the amusement park.