x.

RONNIE

My mind is lost. I don't know what to do, what to say, and what to think. I sit in the chair outside of all the hospital rooms. Suddenly, the a nurse comes out, asking us who we're here to see.

" Mr. Ellis is doing way better from last night. His eyes are a little swole, but his arm where he was shot at is moving along fine."

"Can we see him?"

" Sure thing. You guys have about 15 minutes until the doctors put him to sleep."

Slim and I enter the room, seeing our wounded friend laying in the bed. He turns his head, and grins.

" How you doing J?"

" I-I-I'm doing okay. My arm hurts like a mothafucka tho".

"We just glad you alive man cause I needed those free tickets to them USC games" Slim jokes, and we laugh.

" I ain't tryna die man. Not yet at least" Jason says as he starts to go off in deep sleep.

I turn to Slim. " How the fuck did all this shit happen?"

"It was  all cool, we were about to get a cab to Orlando's, but then these gang of niggas pull up, saying Q's orders. They starting shooting, and it was kinda like a battle when Orlando and B pulled they guns out." I shake my head, disbelieved in all I had heard.

" You better be glad you wasn't there, that shit away chaos" Slim continues as he throws trash away

" You think this got something to do with Troop? I mean he is over where most Q's clique hangs at..." I asked.

" Maybe. Orlando's in business with Troop too."

I nod and head out as my pager buzzes.

SAME DAY, NIGHTTIME
~ANAYSIA~

I go downstairs, preparing to tell my father where I wanna attend school. He's outside on the front porch, smoking a cigarette.

" Hey, dad."

" Hey, babygirl, what's on your mind?"

" I was thinking about where to go to school at, since Oak Hill is shut down now."

" Oh ok, so what are you thinking? I was looking into Seminole,  David's Academy of Arts, Hamilton Hig—"

" I decided that I want to go to Crenshaw High."

My dad looks up, surprised at my answer.

" Oh really? What about your education?"

" I still get an education dad, and besides it's my last year of high school. I have applied to so many colleges, and they all won't decline me" I reassure him. I notice his face, which is telling me that is in a deep thinking process. I give him a pat on the back, trying to persuade him to say yes.