chapter xxix

THREE DAYS LATER, TUESDAY NIGHT
|RONNIE|

It's been three days since the shooting happened. I've turned my focus over to basketball so I could get my mind off of what happened. Today we won our 10th game, making our record 10-0. We didn't have our main player, who is Jason. It's weird not having him playing. Although we don't click right now as friends, we click as teammates on the court.

I call up Shantell once I'm home and we chill on the couch, watching TV. I've been trying hard not to have sex with her, so those weird ass visions won't pop up in my head, but she makes it hard as fuck. It's like she seducing me every time we see each other. I scoot closer to her and she does the same.

"Oops...my bad" she says. I grin at her and a confusion grows on her face.

"Don't play dumb. You meant to put your hand there."

"Honestly, I didn't."

" How does your hand end up on my junk on accident?"

" I don't know! It just did" she says laughing.

" Do you want back there?"

" Yeah, I like it there.." I say. As I unzip my pants, Q comes in. He startles us as we jump to fix ourselves up.

He laughs and waits for us.

" Look, that's gone have to wait. I need you to come with me real quick."

"Right now though?"

" Ain't that what I said? Look, she can stay here. She know where the kitchen and bathroom at."

I look at Shantell and she nods her head giving me the go. I throw on some shoes and head out with Quincy. The place we enter into looks like a dungeon. As we enter, Q's guy shoots a gun up in the air. The dudes in there pull out their straps and make their way toward us. Quincy stops grinning down at all of them. Suddenly, a gang of men with guns  crowd around the dudes Quincy is looking at.

" Alrighty fellas, let's make a straight line facing me" Quincy says. They do what the are told. We stand about 3ft from them and I get a clear view of who these guys are. Most of them affiliate with Troop. I notice that Major is there along with Orlando and Jason. I stand there in shock because I mean, Jason is here. With these guys. A car pulls in and we see Raq come out of the car. He informs the dudes in the line to give up their guns. They pass them to him and he puts them in his car.

" Now, we gone do this my way or no way" Quincy says. One dude starts to laugh and Raq shoots his gun aiming at the boys chest. He falls and bleeds out. I gulp hard with my heart pounding. I do this at the fact that he just killed somebody with no emotion. Showed no remorse, and I just sat there and watched.

"Now, I'm sure y'all ain't tryna end up like that, now are y'all?" Quincy asks them. It remains silent for a moment.

" Now lil bro, which one of these dumb motherfuckas set you up?" Quincy says to me. I stare at him and back at the line. I ain't ever been the type to snitch, at all.

" Cmon now, this don't make you a rat."

"Troop and his niggas should know not to come for my blood."

I take a moment and realize that I could've ended up dead because of this mess. So if Q or Raq could take him out for good, that's what was gone happen.
I walk up to Major and face him, practically nose to nose.

" You set me up to be killed?" I ask him quietly. I'm so close to him that I can feel the sweat dripping from his face. I can hear the small heavy pants coming from his mouth.