chapter xxxvi

JANUARY 8TH, 1998
~ANASYIA~

I spent the day school, applying for more schools. I have the time to do it since I only take 6 classes this semester. I talk to Roxanne a lot today and we got and hang after school. She invites Jace and I to come to a study session she's having at her cousin's crib. Her boo thang Kahlil is coming over too.

When we get there, I see a bunch of dudes, including Jace playing spades and chilling.

" Is this a hang out spot or a study session?!" I ask Roxanne.

" Chill our girl, they just vibing. Plus, we'll be in the back." Roxanne says, pointing to the back.
We go to the back and start to study our things. We already have a test for math next week, and we literally just got back to school. Kahlil comes to the back and cuddles with Roxanne. They start flirting with each other and going crazy. I sit and fake smile, trying to ignore them. I don't know if it's just me, but it's weird to see people do sexual things with the significant other in public. I don't even like when Jace does it in public.

" Anaysia, you mind if I steal your friend for a minute?" Kahlil asks while he rubs his neck against Roxanne's neck.

"Be my guest!" I say sarcastically. I roll my eyes as they make their way out to where everyone else is at. I bop my head to the outside music as continue to study. Suddenly, Jace makes his way in the door while grinning. I look up at him and back down.

" What, you thought I forgot about you?" he says still standing.

"It's been 45 minutes and you're just now coming to study..."

" I'm here right now, that's all that matters" he says sitting down.

"Besides, I knew you was missing me anyway.."

" I needed you to come so I wouldn't have to hear and watch Khalil and Roxanne."

" Yeah, they a lil too nasty."

" Not like you. They're just public freaks."

" I couldn't agree more on that one" he says laughing. We study some more and talk about silly things, like which way we cut our grilled cheese.

" So....."

"So what?"

" Have you tried to speak...to you know...yo-your mom?" Jace asks.

" Jace..."

" Anasyia, it's the best thing you can do at this point. It's not good to hold in how you feel. You ain't even ask your father about anything."

"I don't need to...he gave me all the answers I needed that day I asked him."

" But's that not all you wanna know. You mad at your mom as if she did something."

"She left us!"

" But now you know why.."

" But why couldn't she keep in contact with her kids? Huh?"

" That's for you to find out babygirl.." Jace says. I giggle at him.

" You sound like my dad."

"Shit, what can I say, you know I'm daddy..."

" You are so nasty..."

" That's how I like it.." he says getting on top of me. I push him off and continue to study. He frowns and makes a sad puppy face. I laugh at him and decide to cheer him up a bit by placing his hand on my inner thigh. His face lightens up.