Chapter 10

Leo's P.O.V

We were finally at lair. When we reached the bedroom hallway, i took a quick look at Raph who was staring at the ground, probably spaced out.
"Are you sure you're oka-" "Yeah."
Before i could finish my sentence, I was cut off by him. He quickly vanished into his room, leaving me with a concerned face.
'talking to splinter may be a good idea now, he always calms me down'

Splinter's P.O.V

I was pacing back and forth, stroking my beard. I got an unsatisfying feeling 13 minutes ago. The sentiment was certainly not common for me who meditates much.

*flashback*

I was in a deep state of meditation, breathing fathomless. Slowly, my soul started to separate from my body when a sudden, scald ran through my body. My eyes shut open with dread. 'something horrible happened to one of my sons!' i quit my sitting position and quickly rush to Donatello's lab. As I open the door, i saw my two youngest sons, talking with each other; mostly Donatello telling my baby son to don't touch anything. "Where is your brother, Leonardo?" speaking up, they turned to me. Donatello was purely confused, while Michelangelo got glossy eyes. He blinked a few times then spoke up; "he went after Raph, he's probably  farther from here." his sentences were quick. "tell him to come to me when he came back." with that, my pile of anxiety began.

*end of flashback*

Trying to convince myself that nothing happened, i inhaled and exhales deeply, one after one. My thoughts were interrupted by footsteps, which i assume was coming to dojo's direction. The door disengaged as i saw my blue-masked son coming in with puffy eyes.
"sensei, Do you have a minute?" he asked, closing the door. "of course. I actually wanted to have a talk with you too, my son."

Sitting in our usual spot, he spoke up. "so, what did you wanted to talk about?" coming out of my thoughts, i looked at his face. There was dry lines of what i guess tears. There was no place of whiteness in his eyes, yet they were still shining like a red light.
"father?" i shook my head, clearing my mind before speaking.
"yes, i apologize." a sad frown was drawn on his face. "Leonardo, while you were gone, a feeling reached me out of nowhere. It was very unpleasant, like it was telling me something. What happened?"

Leo's P.O.V

"...what happened?" i tilt my head a bit. "when did that..feeling..reached you?" i gazed into his eyes, to get an answer. "hmm. About 15 minutes ago." at first i couldn't understand why it happened, but then the realization hit me.
'was it..cause of Raph?' my chest raises and falls fastly, but i try to remain calm, like i always am.
"my son, you seem uncomfortable. What is bothering you?"
"well..."
Why is it so hard to explain? It's like something pushes me back from telling him, saying that it's a wrong idea.

"well, when i came back to lair, i was..mad. It was my big mistake that i let it show, because mikey, well, witnessed me in that state and he became worried. On the other side, when i was coming to the lair, Raph, too, was after me; Asking me if i was ok. I didn't answer him and just ran. I didn't want to let him see me this weak. I didn't have to let him to. Anyway, Mikey said,some..hurtful..things..to Raph. About his temper, about how he makes me mad so much and about the arguments we have all the time. And just like that, he ran away." explaining the whole story, i managed to keep my voice confident.

"hmm. I see, and what does that do to my feels beforehand?" he legit didn't care about his F#@$ING SON- [ok ok, it didn't happened, sorry XD]

His face showed slight confusion. I mentally face-palmed myself for leaving the explanation unfinished.
"err, well. When i found him, he was passed out." "for what reason?"
Now, he was being strict, great.
"when he woke up, he said he felt dizzy and the dizziness was severe. That's..all he told me, but to tell you the truth, i heard him scream."
Clearly, he was unsure and unsatisfied with my information, but he took it in.
"very well. I try not to think about it. You are free to leave my child." i chuckle at my nickname. "Father, I'm not a kid anymore." i said, giving that dorky smile i always had. "for me, my son, you're always a child." as he was smiling back mine with a warm one. he wrapped his arms around my head and pulled me closer. I slightly laugh from his action but my laughter gets louder as i feel thin fingers tickling my stomach.
"you were always a ticklish boy!" he said between chuckles. My lungs gave out and i could barely breathe, yet i was still laughing.
"s-stop! Sensei, please! It t-tickles!" i managed to speak out to stop him.
'i missed this!'

Raph's P.O.V

As i was Hearing his laughters, my left eye was staring at the dojo. Splinter rarely laughed like that, so did Leo. I could feel my vision get blurry, so i silently left the dojo entrance.
'stop being such a crybaby! You're better than this!' I knew i wasn't, I was just saying these so i could hold back my sniffs. I started walking towards my room, beginning to let my tears fall. I eventually ended up running with quite sobs. As i reached my door, i entered my room and slammed the door shot. Letting all the pain out, i slid down with my shell to the door,hugging my legs.

I look up at ceiling to cut my tears, but they kept coming. I had to stop, if i didn't then i would probably look like a zombie the next day.
After a few minutes, my eyes became dry.
I felt a heavy weight on my chest, making my breathing hard. I needed to stop the pain, i had to do so.
My gaze met the corner of my bed, spotting some excess wrappings, as the corner of my lips curled up to a weak smile.

'guess we're going for it..'

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

[[Tada!! Uploaded sooner than expected. Made it a bit long, long enough to read. Anyways! Hope you enjoy my story! If you want me to start another story, comment down below! I'll make any request you tell, well tmnt of course, hehe. Shelax and BYE!]]