Chapter 19

Narrator's P.O.V

'well, that was strange.' Raph thought to himself. Leo exited the lab while he saw him hold his face with his two hands. To Raph's opinion, Leo was the reason he woke up. He felt a hot breath crashing onto his face back then, so he decided to wake up to see what it was. Turned out it was the one and only Leonardo.
Raph had so many questions that he didn't notice Donnie was calling his name.
"Raph? Raph? RAPH!" Raph shook his head and jumped a little bit, startled by his sudden call. "sorry. What is it?" He answered, rubbing his eyes while he turned to face Donnie.
Donnie wasn't looking back at him, he was still on his computer.
"I said what is it?" Raph blurted out after a few seconds, starting to get his usual annoyed self.
"Donnie? What do you want man-"
"Why did you battle with the Shredder?"
Raph's eyes slightly widened. He wasn't sure why his younger brother was asking such a question. He decided not to show his surprised self, and be grumpy like always. "Why do you ask that?" He said growling. Donatello didn't turn back as he repeated his question.
"Why?"
Raph held his gaze down, mumbling some words that Don didn't make out.
"Please Raph. I want to know. I'm worried." Raph looked at him with stunned anger and shock.
"I'm worried."
"I'm worried."
"I'm worried."
That sentence kept ringing through Raph's mind, making him want to go berserk out of rage. His face was red from wrath. "Raph?" Donnie's voice slightly turned from a plain tone to a concerned one.
Raph breathed in and out, then started,
"I don't know, Don. I was just walking on a random roof till he popped up out of nowhere." Donnie nodded for him to continue. "He came with no footbots, no minion, nothing. He said some bullcrap then attacked me!" Donnie tilted his head forward, thinking.
"So, do you mean he fought you for no reason?" Donnie asks plainly yet confused.
"well, I wouldn't say for no reason though-" Raphael mumbled when he trailed off. His eyes widening in a sudden feeling as his bottle-green eyes became brighter till they were almost white. "for what reason then, Raph?" Donnie asked stubbornly, looking for a clear answer. When he heard no response from Raph, he asked again, "Why, Raph?" nothing. There was a silence between them till Donnie started to get annoyed. "Raph! Give me an answer!" He was about to yell one more time when he spun around to be face-to-face with him. "Oh my-  Raph, just give me an answer-" His face dropped as his eyes became stunned with fear, shock and confusion. "Raph?! What the hell?!" he almost tripped from his chair when rushing to his brother. "Raph?!" he shook Raph gently, but seeing no movements from him made him panic. "Is he having a heart attack?! Or a panic attack?! No! Donnie just focus." he kept murmuring to himself when adjusting every single movement from Raph. Raphael, on the other hand, didn't seem to be tense, in panic or shaking. He was just staring ahead of himself, nothing more.
But Donnie didn't calm down. his panic was growing fast as he didn't know what to do. 'did his heart stop beating?!' Every kind of question ran through his mind as his hands became shaky and his actions panicky. Donnie put his hand on Raph's shoulder and checked his pulse. Raph's beating was pretty much normal, but Donnie didn't knew what was going on. "Raph! Please! Come back!" Donnie almost yelled desperately, but his voice breaking at the end. He gripped Raph's shoulders hard as his head crashed onto his plastron. "R-Raph! Please.." Donnie was about to shed tears as his eyes became glossy when he felt the other turtle suddenly jump a little bit. "What was- Wouh Don! Are you okay?" Donnie's head shut up as his eyes met Raph's. They were back to their usual self. "Raph! Thank God! What happened?!" he asked while he checked Raph's body carefully. "I..I just.." Raph didn't know how to respond to that. 'Oh nothing! Was just talking to one of the Gods because I'm the chosen one. Tch, yeah right. What should I say?!' Raph thought. He couldn't ever say that. "I..I was just..practicing..for the ninja mode..!" 'God! That was awful!' he looked at Donnie who didn't seem to even look at him. "But you didn't respond to me! And what kind of thing is that? I thought you already mastered your ninja and stealth mode!" Raph blushed because of embarrassment he caused. "Was just practicing. It's nothing. Got a problem with that?" He said the last sentence annoyed. Donnie sighed and sat back, rubbing his face. "just..!..Don't do that again." Donnie mumbled as he looked at Raph is the eyes. "won't do, little Bro." Raph patted Donnie's head jokingly, while Donnie growled. "Whatever." Donnie got up and walked out of his lab, leaving Raph alone. "Thank God he forgot about the question."Raph slowly whispered to himself as he fell back on the bed. Suddenly, something came on his mind. 'can I walk?' he then wished that he asked Donnie when he had the time to do so. Raph groaned at his own stupidity.
'well, it wouldn't hurt to try. Would it?'
He slid down his legs from the edge of the bed, then hopping off. He almost collapsed on the ground as he gasped. His legs slightly were in pain as the were burning. He managed to stay straight, straightening his legs. He took a step forward as he tried to walk properly for a quarter.