17

Chapter 17: A Near-Death Experience

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS ATTEMPTED RAPE AND MURDER, IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED, OR UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS KIND OF CONTENT THEN PLEASE DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!

═════ 🌼 ═════

~(Y/N)~

There I was laying on my back with hands around my neck tightly. I squirmed from under my attacker's hold gasping for air but they weren't releasing. I knew exactly who was doing this to me, and believed they weren't going to stop because they finally knew. I told them my secret, the secret I dreaded to tell anyone in fear something like this would happen, but of course, with the truth spilling out I also told a lie hoping it would keep them from doing this. I was so wrong.

"Let go." I choke up.

This only made their grip tighter as he brought his face closer to mine. "Go to hell bitch." the man growled.

But everything was fine before I told the truth. I had come here for one reason and one reason alone.

~Earlier That Day~

Levi and I made it to Kustea, the land filled with nothing but sand and criminals for the most part. Hoping to avoid the prince, we weren't so lucky. Prince Jean made it so no medicine couldn't be sold without his immediate permission. Levi and I were both annoyed that we had come all that way for one simple thing only for it to become more complicated.

"So you want Vitraxime... what is it you need it for may I ask?" Jean asks giving us a devilish smirk, his head rested on his hand as he sat there in the throne chair. He was enjoying this to the fullest.

"Tch... Kenny is ill and needs the medicine and you're the only one who has it." Levi groans.

"Ah, I see... I'll give it to you... but it'll cost you." Jean says now playing with his ring.

"What do you want?" he asks.

Jean looked over to me, which made my heart pound, but before Jean could say Levi stepped in front of me. "Anything that has to do with my guard is off-limits... find someone else to fulfill your pleasures." Levi defends.

Jean gave Levi a displeased glare before laughing it off. "Fine... then you will pay me five hundred dollars and stay the night here." Jean announces.

"Tch fine," Levi says as he opens the small box containing at least a few million. He pulled the money out and handed it to Jean's servant who brought it up to him. The servant brought down a small box of the medicine after sifting through some of the boxes.

"I'll have my servants show you to your rooms," Jean says after shooing us away. Levi and I both follow the servant to the second floor. Again Levi and I were next door to one another which gave me some relief.

Before entering the room Levi caught my arm. I look up to him finding worry in his eyes. "Tonight you'll stay with me got it?" he asks.

"Yes, sir," I answer. I had expected this for he wanted me to be safe and away from Jean at all cost, it was the biggest reason why he didn't want me to come with him. I believe this was the first time I could sense his fear.

He still hadn't let go of my arm, he seemed to be searching for words to say but was lost. "I'll be fine Levi... it's one night, you have nothing to fear." I say trying to reassure him.

~Levi~

I look down at her, she was trying to reassure me and it wasn't working. For the first time in a long time, I was actually scared for someone. My other hand traveled up to her scarf still hiding the mark I left.