56

Chapter 56: Where You Belong

═════ 🌼 ═════

~Couple Days Later~

I had awoken from my deep slumber. My fever had broken a day earlier although I was granted an extra day's rest by Kenny. Sitting up in the bed I let out a yawn before uncovering myself.

Thanks to Petra my fever only lasted a couple of days. Standing up I walk over to the tall arched window seeing it was cloudy. It was now the end of January tomorrow would be the first day of February.

Turning away from the window I walk over to the closet and pull out a long sleeved dress. It was dark red and flowy at the bottom. Slipping into it I had help from a passing maid to button up the back.

"Kenny would like to see you in the throne room M'lady." the maid informs me just before leaving. Responding in a nod I watch her smile gently before leaving.

Taking one last look into the mirror I fixed my hair slightly before approving my attire. Stepping over to the door I quickly left and marched down the hall to the stairs. I was quick, I had rested enough and was ready to get back to work.

I saw Petra walking up the stairs. Part of me was slightly embarrassed for mistaking her as Levi when I was sick. She thought nothing of it of course because I was only hallucinating.

Looking up at me she smiled gentle before stopping. "Feeling better?" she asks.

Stopping a few steps below her I look up and smile back. "Yes, thanks to you." I say.

"I'm glad." she says before nodding once she bidded me a farewell and went about her business.

Descending the stairs quickly I turn to the right heading off into the right wing. Walking past the kitchen and dining room I stopped before the glass doors of the throne room. Opening them I step in, there at his throne sat Kenny seeming to be a little sleepy.

Walking up the carpet I stopped before the few steps up to the thrones. "You called?" I ask.

He sat up straight once he saw me. "Yes, to discuss the army we've created and how we go about this plan you and Levi made." he explains.

Standing from the throne he led me to a door behind the thrones that would lead out to the training grounds. He had it moved a few days ago so he could redecorate the courtyard in the springtime.

As he opened the door a cold blast of wind hit me in the face sending a shiver down my spine. Kenny had offered me his coat, I took it willingly and thanked him for his kind actions. There we watched as fifty of our best soldiers were training in the cold conditions. "Shouldn't we allow them to practice inside?" I ask.

Kenny smirked slightly before turning his head. "They have been, this is their first time outside, make sure they're prepared for anything." Kenny says.

"Uhm... Kenny it doesn't snow in Kustea... remember?" I ask.

"Tch I know that, but they will be traveling through our colder countries in order to get there." he explains.

"It'll be march, it shouldn't be too cold." I say.

"Just to be safe, they'll only be out for today... I also will have them equipped with guns...At a precaution of course." he says.

I nod and watch the men fight against each other and the instructor circling the area they were practicing in. Another cold wind blasted in my face making me turn away and face the door where I had come from only a couple minutes ago. I then felt a hand gently lay on my back. "Come on." Kenny says as he open the door again.