54

Chapter 54: A Place I'd Visit Often

═════ 🌼 ═════

~(Y/N)~

Days had passed since the death of my lover Prince Levi. I had either spent my days in bed or doing paperwork. Kenny had fallen into a coma and was not able to inform me of any untold details.

Today exactly five days since Levi's death I was working on paperwork at his desk, still cooped up at the lakehouse. I flipped through the papers signing what I could until there was no more.

I had finished all the paperwork, with Kenny not able to work at the moment I was left with no work to be done, I was left to my sadness and having to mourn my lover's loss. That was the last thing I wanted to do. Levi wouldn't want me sitting around doing nothing and crying over this.

As I began to rise from the seat there was a knock at the door. "Come in." I say. The door opened to a worried looking Petra.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

She cleared her throat as she looked to the ground. "Prince Eren is here... and Prince... Jean... he bares gifts." Petra says shyly. Letting out a soft growl, I pull my coat from the back of the seat and throw it on over my dress.

I stormed out of the office with Petra following close behind. Walking down the hall I made my way to the front door. Swinging the door opened I look down at both of the men who stood before me. Eren rushed up to my side, he didn't seem pleased either. "You aren't welcomed here, you are still banned from this country." I announce.

Bowing down to me he ten stood up straight and looked up at me. "I bring gifts and an apology for what has happened." he says.

"I kindly will reject your apology, now leave before I send my guards, this will be your only warning." I say.

"Please, M'lady I was only trying to find out what was going-

"What you were doing was shooting down ships! And one that my beloved was on mind you! Your men have injured the king and killed the prince for that your punishments are far worse than before!" I snap.

I felt a hand grab my shoulder, turning I find Petra trying to calm me down. Jean looked up at me in shock at my words. "I'm sorry if I have upset-

"You've done more than that! Now, leave!" I order. A few guards had come out from the house grabbing Jean by the arms and pulling him away. Turning towards the door I let out a sigh.

"You." I call out to a maid as I point to them. They stopped and bowed before me.

"Please pack my things, I leave tonight for Ackman Castle." I order.

The maid bowed again to my order and nodded. "Yes M'lady." the maid says before walking away off to my bedroom.

Before I knew it I felt week in the knees, I fell onto a wall using it as support. I heard gasps from both Petra and Eren. "(Y/N)!" I hear Petra call. Tears streamed down my face, I couldn't bottle it up anymore. With my left hand I covered my eyes as I let out soft sobs. I pushed myself from the wall and walked back over to the office.

Eren took hold of my arm and pulled me into the office before pulling me into his arms. I was like a sister to Eren so this I can imagine was difficult for him as well seeing me in this state. "We will deal with Jean, I promise that jerk will receive his punishment as stated." he mutters.

I let out a tired sigh as I leaned into his chest. "That stupid ass, if he had stepped any closer I probably would have strangled him." I mutter.

Eren let out a soft chuckle at my words. "I wouldn't have stopped you." he says. Sniffling a little I pull away from him.