Missing pieces

Y/N's POV

I couldn't sleep last night, it was the last day I was going to see Peter. I had been crying all night and all morning, it was now 8:00am so I decided to head downstairs. I tried wiping all evidence of my tears off of my face before I reached the kitchen were I found Peter and my dad.

"Morning sunshine." My dad said in his usual enthusiastic voice.

"Hey dad." I replied

"I made us all breakfast." Peter butted in, pointing towards the stack of pancakes on the table.

"Uh thanks Peter." I smiled

We all sat down and ate breakfast enjoying our last family meal. Everyone was laughing and talking. I was going to miss this a lot. My crazy family.

After we had all cleaned up from breakfast I placed down my tea towel.

"Hey Pete can you come with me please?" I asked with a shaky breathe

He hesitated at first but soon followed as I looked at him with plead in my eyes. I led him into my bedroom and I slowly shut the door behind him. Peter sat on my bed as I went to my closet and pulled out a bag full of gifts that I had bought for Peter so that he wouldn't forget me. I handed the bag to Peter, who gave me a confused look before opening it to reveal what was inside.

"I just didn't want you to forget me." I sobbed

"I could never forget you Y/N, never in a million years." Peter said as I embraced him in a hug.

We were both called to the living room where mum,dad and aunt May were sitting with Peters and aunt Mays suitcases and bags. No this can't be it they can't leave yet. My dad clearly saw the look of sorrow and heartbreak in my gaze as he had come over and given me a quick hug before he turned around to help pack the car up.

The car ride was silent, because no had anything to say and no eye contact was made between any one. I was so upset, clenching into my stomach to stop myself from giving out a loud cry, I didn't want to be weak, I had to be strong for Peter and for everyone else.

We slowly arrived at the airport and everyone slightly hesitated to get out of the car, but we slowly made our way and started gathering all the suitcases. My dad shut the boot of the car and handed the suitcases over to May.
May and Peter collected there tickets and went through security before we all stood in the waiting area.

"Plane for Malibu will be ready for boarding in 15 minutes"

That was May and Peters plane. Without thinking I threw my arms around Peter and gave him the longest hug goodbye. We only separated because my dad had detached me from Peters neck. My mum and dad said there goodbyes.

"Plane for Malibu leaving in 5 minutes"

Peter grabbed my arm and pulled me into one last hug and whispered in my ear

"I love you Y/N Stark"

Leaving me in tears as he slowly pulled away and headed to his plane. I tried running after him but was pulled back by my fathers firm grip. I fell to the floor in tears, looking at Peter through the crowds of people. It took a lot of  convincing before I eventually got out of my tantrum and left the airport, but I couldn't help but feel that something was missing.

Peter was actually gone, all those years ago he picked up my shattered pieces and put them back together, even though my sadness shone through me like a beam of light he still made the time and effort to put me back together again, only to break me to pieces, as he left.

He was my missing piece that I would never get back, and that was the saddest part, he was never coming back.