Catching feelings

Y/N'S POV

I'm a monster.

That's all I could think,the thought would echo around in my head trying to destroy me, and it was working. I've been in my room ever since I found out I was a mutant, I didn't want to hurt anybody if I suddenly lost control. If I had hurt anyone I cared so much for I don't know what I'd do with myself. I was sitting on my bed my face covered in tears. Soon I was unable to control my flow of tears and went into full break down mode, my knees had become weak, and my hands were trembling. But the sound of my door opening snapped me out of my state.

"Hey sunshine, what's wrong?" My dad asked

"Don't get to close, I could hurt you." I cried

"I'm not going anywhere sunshine ok, I'm staying by your side." Dad argued

"Dad please just go I don't know what I'd do with myself if I hurt you, I love you so much dad." I cried even more at the thought of me hurting my dad

"Ok, I'll leave but there is someone else that wants to talk to you, I love you too kid." Dad says exiting the room.

Who else would want to see me?

I looked down at my hands in confusion but stopped when I heard a familiar voice, I voice I had been dying to hear, a voice I could never forget.

"P-Peter?"

I look up from my hands and without hesitation fall into his arms, engulfing him in a hug. This hug, it felt different it felt as if he was more than just a friend to me.

I brushed it aside then realising that I was hugging Peter, and that I could kill him any second. I quickly backed away and began crying again.

"Peter you need to leave, I'm dangerous, I don't want to hurt you."

"I'm not going anywhere, why are you dangerous?" He asked

He didn't know? Why did dad not tell him how dangerous I was?  He planned for this to happen because he knew I would let Peter in without hesitating because of how long we've been apart. Dammit dad. Why is he so smart?

"Well I'm a mutant, and I destroyed the whole office at Stark Industries because I found out HYDRA are after me and shield won't help so I got really angry and dad said my eyes turned red."

"That doesn't make you dangerous Y/N, I have a secret." Peter said

"What is it?"

"I have powers too, I'm Spider-Man."

"What, really what kind of powers?" I question

"I can shoot webs, climb buildings and I have super strength sometimes I think I'm gonna hurt people with it and I just want to lock myself away, but I realise I can do amazing things with my powers, they are a gift I can help people with." Peter says

I know his right but deep down I'm scared. I don't want to end up hurting people I care about because I'm too weak to control myself.

My eyes go glassy from the tears about to spill out, and one does, it softly glides down my cheek and Peter wipes it away with his thumb.

"I'm going to need some training."

"I can help you"

"Wait are you going to leave again because I don't know if I can handle the depression again Pet-"

"I'm not going anywhere Y/N."

"You promise?"

"Promise"

He seals the promise with a kiss on my head. We sit down for a while catching up and talking about our powers. We later head to dads lab to train and Dad watches and shouts some advice every now and then.

"I'm gonna go shower I stink." I informed

Peter just laughed at me and said ok.

I went upstairs and turned my shower on to a medium temperature, I stripped down and jumped in and let the warm drops of water sink into my bare skin.

After I got out the shower I turned on the radio whilst I got dressed. My favourite song came on and I started singing along.

"1 2 3, 1 2 3 drink 1 2 3, 1 2 3 drink
Throw em back till I loose count
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier
From the chandelier."

Everyone always said I had a good singing voice and I guess I did, dad even said I should make a career out of it and to be honest I kinda wanted too.

I put on Peters favourite hoodie that I may of stolen before he left and a pair of grey joggers and put my wet hair into a messy bun.

I walked down the stairs humming a song in my head. Dad and Peter were cooking dinner in the kitchen.

"Hey."

"Hey, dinners on the table we'll be over in a minute." Peter said

"Ok"

I walked over to the long glass dining table and sat in one of the many leather chairs. I felt a weird feeling towards Peter. Something I haven't felt before, but I shook the idea out of my head as dad and Peter came and sat at the table. We ate our spaghetti and talked about everything that's been happening whilst Peter was away. May joined us halfway through dinner luckily there were leftovers for her.

Me and Peter volunteered to clean up so I was washing up and Peter was drying and putting away.

I was in the middle of washing up when I decided to grab a handful of bubbles and throw them in Peters face. He gasped in shock and done the same thing to me. We started running round the kitchen throwing bubbles and laughing. That was until I slipped and fell straight on my butt. I ended up bringing Peter with me. He was leaning over me and I could feel his breath against my face, it made the hairs on my neck stand up.

"*coughs* Umm are you ok?" Peter asks helping me up

"Uh ye, you?" I replied awkwardly

"Ye I'm fine, great now we have more mess to clean up!" Peter whined

I giggled at his little remark before cleaning up some of the bubbles off of the floor and counters.

My stomach was full of butterflies and I felt myself blush at the thought of mine and Peters...moment.

Wait did I really just have a... romantic moment with my best friend?

Oh my god I've fallen for Peter.