November***Part 2

Dear Jesse —

I got a part! I'm Claire Standish. Molly Ringwald. I wonder if now I can finally convince Mom to let me dye my hair red?

Somehow, I made it through five, FIVE, more rounds of callbacks on Thursday. I was the last one to leave. I never expected to get a part.

This morning, after Rucci's homeroom antics, I had to check the list, see it for myself. I mean, he thought he was cast as Andrew. Clearly he was confused. He wasn't. I'm Claire. Tony is Bender — as it should be. Rucci is Andrew. Chris Citroni is Brian.

Yeah, Rucci's Andrew. I mean he's so clearly a Brian in real life. CLEARLY.

News of my casting went straight to the top of the A-Team priority gossip charts in record time. Allison, real Allison, not Penny-Allison, is not amused.

Rumor has it there were tears. Kinda wish I had seen that.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit pleased about the tears. Serves her right. I was fascinated to learn, from Joe O'Reilly in math class, that she and I have been in an intense rivalry since the sixth grade. Why am I hearing about Drama Club gossip from the football team?

I guess the good news is — I'm winning (even though I didn't know we were competing).

At lunch, she was spouting off, giving some of her finest performances, working her way table by table, making sure everyone knew how she was wronged. If she had used that raw material in the audition, she might have won the part. By the time I got to her she'd already made her way to the freshmen tables. Like they give a shit what goes on in the Drama Club.

I strutted over just in time to hear Oli Tate shut her down, "Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason Sammy got the part and you didn't is because she's actually better than you?"

Well, well, that's my Oliver! I caught his eye, and winked thank you. He winked back. Damn, he's cute.

Karma for the win.

But now what am I gonna do? I mean it's not like I'm great at track. I really enjoy it though. And I don't want to lose two sports in one year. That'll really solidify me as a Drama Freak.

Ugh! I've got a big decision to make.

Xo

Sammy (aka Claire)

***

First day of rehearsals

I showed up. I'm here. Still have no idea what I'm going to do.

I want to do the show. I want to hurdle.