May***Part 7

Dear Jesse —

Jake's Senior Prom was tonight. He's sleeping downstairs in my brother's room. Mom and Dad would only let him stay over if we slept on different floors.

Why do I always ask for curls? I always want curls, but then my hair always ends up looking like Dolly Dingle . And I'm always shocked. I looked ridiculous. Jake still said I looked beautiful. Liar.

We gathered for photos at his house. Me and Jake... and Scooter and his date, Roberta Lee, a tennis player from Reading. She was very nice. I guess. She didn't really talk that much.

It might have been the Senior Prom, but the Junior Class was well represented. Adelaide and Angelo, Penny and Archer, Shiv and Scooter (totally weird) and Tony and Antonella. And, of course, Shannon. Gangs all here! We had a great time. Danced our faces off!

Jake looked so hot in his teal velour tuxedo. I can't believe I went to the prom with teal tuxedo guy.

And, then I ruined it. "Hotel California." Always "Hotel California." I should have guessed, but instead I panicked. He was so cute. We were at the beach, it had been a near perfect night. And, he tries to surprise me by playing me a new song he'd learned on guitar.

The sexiest thing I've ever seen. The most romantic. And I fucked it up.

Safe to say he won't be playing me "Hotel California" or any other song anytime soon.

And I'm a jerk.

Xo

Sammy (the terrible, tone-deaf jerk.)

Jake, if you are awake down there, I'm sorry. I really did love it. 9:30.

***