October***Part 2

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY because @whitneyck demands more to read!  xo

**************

We're all holding hands, taking our final bow. What a rush. The adrenaline rush is off the charts and so are my emotions. As the curtains swing to a close, the waterfalls begin. It's like "Free Willy" all over again.

Rucci is the first to hug me, "Congrats on your first show." He kisses my cheek. "And thanks for making it great for me."

You are welcome, you funny little muppet.

"Couldn't have adopted a better freshman." I wink at him before bursting into uncontrollable tears.

I'm hysterical. I have no idea what's going on. I'm not a crier. But I just can't stop it, I'm overcome with emotion.

The next few minutes are a blur of embraces and tears, at least I'm not the only one crying. Rucci and I hug like four more times. By the time Jake makes his way over to me all of my makeup is off and my tissues are shredded beyond recognition.

"Hands off my wife, Nurse." Rucci groans, reluctantly stepping aside. Their relationship hasn't exactly blossomed.

"Sammy! Those better be happy tears."

I sob 'yes' as his arms close around me. Something about his embrace starts an entirely new round of hysterics from me. I just can't control it. He doesn't seem to mind. He just stands there, holding me. Not saying a word.

As I'm trying to return to just a normal state of emotional breakdown, I hear Allison behind me, "Can you believe her? Standing there hugging him like that, after what happened between her and Rucci. Right in front of him. Unbelievable."

What? He's hugged everyone. And what does she mean

"after what happened between her and Rucci?" Nothing happened between Rucci and me. Damnit, here we go again.

As I push away from Jake, he whispers in my ear: "Ignore them." I look up at him in disbelief. Like it's just that easy. Ignoring them will not be an option. Trust me.

"Oh shit, I'm really sorry, I kinda got snot all over your sleeve." I'm desperately trying to wipe it off, but it's... it's a lot. "Eww, that's really gross. I'm so sorry." I keep trying to wipe it off, but my disintegrated tissues only make it worse. This is bad.

He laughs, "It's fine. I'm sure it's not the first time the dry cleaners have dealt with a little snot."

I smile appreciatively back at him. That really is a lot of snot though.

***

Holding court on the Murphy's front porch. Penny, Archer, Steve and me. We came out to have a smoke. Well, they did, I'm only stealing drags — a crucial distinction. And to get away from the chaos inside. As predicted, they've sung through the entire "Rent" soundtrack — twice — and are now adding choreography to their rendition of "The Sound of Music." If I hear "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" one more time, several people won't make it to 17.

Tony comes bouncing through the front door singing, "high on a hill was a lonely goat herd..." He's still wearing his collar. Naturally. No idea where that kid gets his energy. "Hey, Samma-Jamma, way to go!" Jabbing me with his elbow. "You little cradle robber. Didn't know you had it in you. Might have to start calling you Samma the Rammer."

Did he just say cradle robber? The Rammer? I nearly choke on the cigarette I've just stolen, "WHAT?"

"You were there. You tell me?" He thinks he knows something, clearly. "Deflowering young Master Rucci."