Chapter 26

*Jungkook P.O.V.*

I sneaked out of my combat lesson, to meet her at that secret place we found a few weeks back. I was so nervous, even though this must have been like my twentieth time sneaking out or something. I guess it's just the fact that that the princess herself is sneaking out to meet me, it just makes me all giggly. She's not a princess though, everyone keeps defining her as one, but she's so much more than that.

I run to that tree and bush that blocks the entrance, and look behind me to make sure that no one is there. Once I did, I hurried past them, and went through the entrance. It's a small-ish hole through a tall bush that's blocked with branches, vines and leaves. After finally managing to go through, I see her there, standing in the sunlight, looking up at the clouds.

I didn't want to disturb what I saw, this beautiful scene in front of me, is what keeps me going.

"Kookie!" She exclaimed running to me and hugging me.
"Hey." I laughed, pulling that last twig out of my hair.

We sat down at those rock stools we found.

"How's your lessons going so far?" I ask her.
"As usual." She sighed.
"Why the long face?" I smile.
"I just...It's just annoying you know? To have to live up to all these standards just because I was 'born as a princess'. It's not like I had a choice." She said, "That sounded so spoiled." She laughed.

I laugh with her. I love to see her smile, it brings joy to my entire day.

"I know so many people would kill to be where I am, and I'm in no position of complaining..." She started.
"I get what you mean. It's tiring living up to standards in general, not to mention those for a princess." I say.

She smiles at me.

"Exactly. You understand me so well Kookie." She says. "I wish I didn't have to marry a stupid prince from a kingdom I don't care about." her expression darkened.

I hated when we talked about that. It just kept reminding me how I would never be able to be with her. I would only be able to protect her, and be her "body guard".

"I just want to run away you know, live my life the why I want it. I don't want to be surrounded by these walls, learning all these things that I have to learn just because 'I'm the princess'. I want to go out there, and see the world. Live a normal life, making bread or something." She sighed.
"You could run away, leave the kingdom to someone else. Just leave a note, and go. I'll go with you, we'll see the world together." I said.

"Oh Kookie." She laughed, messing up my hair.

That was the extent of that conversation. Soon after there were guards on the search for her, and we didn't want to let them find this place, they would get it blocked if they did. So she had to go first, and I had to wait a while before going back to my lesson.

Now years thinking back to that conversation, I still feel a pang of pain in my heart. I walk into the meeting room where all the seven families where meeting to discuss the war plan against Y/N's family. This was the opposite of what she would have wanted. It's the opposite of what I wanted.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Everyone was there already.

"Sorry." I said.
"No problem, have a seat." RM's father said.

I sat down, and the meeting started. They talked about how no one sitting here had to declare war in any way as they found out that another less well known family was plotting to ambush Y/N's family soon. All we had to do was sit here and wait for that to happen. I didn't listen to much, my heart was just being ripped piece by piece listening to all of this unfold.

Then it happened, though much earlier than what was expected. News came out that Y/N's family was completely wiped. I was in another combatting lesson when that happened. My heart shattered. I wanted to run to the place. I didn't have time to say goodbye to her. I was planning to do so a few days after. We predicted that it would happen five days from now.

I collapsed on the ground from shock. I wanted to start crying. I couldn't believe it, just like that and she was gone. She changed so much from when I knew her when she was young. And I didn't even know if she remembered all the things we went through as kids. But even so, I wanted to say everything I wanted to tell her when we were younger. That was when Jimin barged in, panting.

"They found her, she's still breathing."

I know how people hate flashbacks, but this should be the last one in a while. You guys know what happened after that, so the next chapter we'll get back to the main storyline again. Sorry for the flashbacks haha, but some things just needed to be put out there for you guys the understand the story better.

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter nonetheless, thanks for watching, and have a nice day<33