Chapter 42 & 43

Before starting this chapter, please be cautious, as there are religious references. If you are someone that takes religion seriously, and isn't comfortable reading through fiction that makes references to such topics, I would advise you to stop here. 

Reader discretion is advised. 

*Lorianna P.O.V.*

In that dream, I was found kneeling in the middle of a church. There were faint candles surrounding me, not enough to light up the entire place, but just enough to allow me to make sense of where I was.

I tried to get up, but a force kept me down. The more I struggled to go against that force, the stronger it became. As I was trying to fight it, a sudden flow of air put out all the candles. There was moonlight peaking through the windows. The temperature started to drop, and I could see my breath form into a white fog.

"Fighting against it will only make it worse." A voice said.

It was a deep voice, ambiguous as well. I couldn't formulate if it was that of a man or a woman. 

"Who are you?" I called out, rubbing my hands together.
"I'm no enemy." It replied.
"Then why can't you tell me who you are?" I asked.
"Knowing wouldn't provide you with any benefits." 
"Then why should I trust you?"
"Because you already came all the way here."

I wanted to refute against it, but it was right. I willingly went through all that walking, to come here, to see this voice.

"How are you going to help me?" I asked.
"You seek for revenge, do you not?" It said.

I narrowed my eyes.

"You seek for power, do you not?" It continued. "I can give you what you want."
"How?" I asked.
"Powerful magic, more powerful than you can imagine. I can give that to you. Revenge? It will come naturally with the power you will receive."
"And what are the costs then?" I questioned. "I refuse to believe that you are giving me all of that through mere generosity."
"A mark." It said, "All I ask, is to mark you." 
"A mark? To do what?"

The voice started to chuckle.

"A mark to prove your loyalty to me." It said.
"And..." I breathed, "who are you?" 

Another breeze swept pass, a man showed up in front of me. Holding my chin up with his hand. He had black eyes, black like the night sky, his long lashes creating shadows. His pale skin complemented the moonlight. His hand gave off no heat. He was smirking, as he ran this thumb across my lips.

My breath was taken away. I have never met such a handsome man my entire life. My heart skipped a beat seeing him. I had difficulty breathing being in his proximity.

"Do you agree to my condition?" He asked.

His presence was so strong. He was kneeling in front of me, staring deep into my eyes. I didn't know how to describe that moment, where I suddenly couldn't function. He was so gentle, as his hand moved to brush my hair behind my ear. 

Is this what love at first sight meant?  I couldn't speak, I was so mesmerized by this man in front of me. Though his fingers were ice cold, his eyes gave off warmth. No one has ever looked at me that way.

"I agree." I said, breathlessly.

He smiled, and patted my head.

"That's a good girl." He said. 
He cupped my face, and kissed me right on the lips.

His lips were soft, still not giving off any heat. I could feel a sudden burst in energy running through my veins. I wasn't cold anymore, my body will filled with warmth. It was ecstasy. He pulled out, staring deep into my eyes.