Chapter 17

*Jungkook P.O.V.*

"Goodnight." She whispered, as I put the blanket over her.
"Goodnight your grace." I replied.

She eyes closed slowly, and soon enough, I could hear her soft breathing, and I assumed she was now fully asleep.

I sat next to her, examining her face bit by bit. She still looked the same, like nothing has changed, but it's not her. But I was knew, I was sure that she was in there somewhere. I touched her face. I'll get her back.

I eventually got up, took the candle, and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

"How was it?" RM asked.

I looked at him, the lights in the corridor were dim, showing shadows on his face, but I could make out the position of his eyes, and could feel the sharpness of his gaze on me.

"She's in there somewhere." I replied.
"You miss her that much?" RM smirked.

I looked down to my feet. Miss her? Do I miss her? I don't know. I wish I had an answer to that.

"I guess so." I said.
"What are you going to do then?" Jin asked.
"Get her back." I replied simply.
"How?" RM pointed out.

I didn't reply to that. I didn't know how to, but all I knew is that I needed to. Why did I need to? What was it that kept making me want to get her back? When RM asked me if I missed her, I couldn't even reply, I wasn't even sure about my feelings towards her, but what I did know, for some reason, was that I needed to get her back.

I walked upstairs, up into the tower that I used to stay, back in the day when I needed some time alone, or needed some time to think. No one really went there since it had nothing to offer, no one really had the motivation to go up that many stairs. But thanks to that, I was able to find some quiet space.

I sat on the fringe of the window sill, I blew out the candle, and rested my head against the side of the window sill. Last thing I felt before I drifted to sleep, was the soft window blowing into my hair.

--Flashback--

"Your grace." One servant said, "We found seven body guards for you."

The seven us trained together for this day. Everything we were taught, all the fighting we did, was for this, was for her.

We stood there, in a row our heads down, our hands behind our backs.

She was standing with her back faced to us, wind was blowing through her hair. She was tall, and beautiful, even from looking at her back. You could tell she was an elegant, and well-mannered lady.

She turned around, her hands crossed in front of her waist, her head held high, the crown on her head, the jewels on in shining in the sunlight.

"Did they sign the contract?" She asked.

I kept my head down, but my eyes shot up. There was nothing in those eyes of hers, no emotion on her face either. Everything was cold, her tone, her gaze, even just her presence, nothing gave off the sense that we were welcomed.

"We just need a drop of your blood, your grace." The servant said.

"Yes, I know how it works." She said, clearly annoyed.

I heard her footsteps getting closer, and then the footsteps stopped.

"You all can look up now." Her tone was now warmer.

We did as we were told, and now she was smiling, but the gaze of her eyes, were not matching the expression of her face. Her gaze, I was never able to put into words what her gaze meant, not then, not now. There was something mysterious, something mischievous, something...evil.

Right when we were caught in her gaze, she held out a knife, and cut the palm of her hand, before any of us were able to even register what happened, she shoved her bleeding hand into our mouths, chocking us with her blood.

When we finally registered what happened, all seven of us had been forcefully fed blood.

Her grinned turned bigger, her knife in her other hand. She tilted her head, looking into her reflection in the knife.

"Now you're all signed to me." She said softly. "You're all now programmed to serve me, to do as I say, to protect me from those who are wanting to kill me."

Her smiled disappeared quickly.

"Are you sure this will work?" She asked the servant.
"Of course." He said.
"Good." She said, in a deep, dangerous tone even.

And now that creepy smile was back.

"Hello, I'm Y/N. Princess Y/N." She emphasized the last part. "You all know how this contract works right? You sign it, meaning your now bounded to me, if I die, you all die along with me. If you disobey me, your soul shatters into pieces if I want it to."

We nod.

For some reason, it felt as it there was something that forcefully made us nod.

Finally !!! We're getting into the interesting part of the story, guys, it's going to be a long, confusing ride ahead, just a warning here !! Get ready, this is where the fun begins ;)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, thanks for watching, and have a nice day <33