Chapter 22

*Jungkook P.O.V.*

I rushed to her room as quickly as I could after getting the notice. We all knew that danger was coming sooner or later the moment we told her the truth, but I honestly didn't think it would strike us this soon. We have to get the spy out quickly.

I opened the door, Jimin was there, holding her unconscious body in his arms. There wasn't any signs of blood, which was a good start. I walked up next to him, crouching down. I ran my finger on her cheek. She seemed as if she was sleeping. If I didn't know the truth, I wouldn't have thought that anything was wrong.

I'm sorry for being so weak. We were supposed to protect you, but it now seems as if no matter what we do, you always end up near death. 

"I came up to check on her, and found her on the ground. I didn't see anyone coming in though." Jimin said, looking down at her.
"It's okay, as long as she isn't harmed." I said.
"How did they make it past us?" Jimin murmured.

That was a good question. How did they make it to Y/N's room? There's RM, Jin and Jhope hyung guarding the door and corridor, and Jimin guarding the window near her room. With the training we've received before coming here, no one would be able to make it past any of them. Not even with invisibility. 

I stared at Jimin.

"I don't know." I replied, looking down at Y/N.
"I'll go downstairs to check on the servants. We can't afford having them somehow escape during this. They shouldn't know that something's up." Jimin suggested.
"Yes that would be good." I said, as he handed Y/N over to me.

He was about to stand up, as I put my hand on his shoulder, squeezing it.

"Thank you Jimin, I don't know what I would be doing without you." I said.

He smiled and left.

I was left with Y/N. Her head was resting on my chest. I stood up and tucked her back in her bed. I wanted to go down and check on Jimin, see how he was doing, help him out perhaps. But I don't want to leave again, then come back with knowing that something else had happened to Y/N. I held her hand. Not wanting to look away for one second.

She still looked the same, but at the same time she was a completely different person. She doesn't know this, but I check on her every once in a while when she was still a servant. She seemed happy, and satisfied with where she was. She didn't want anything, or wanted to take anything away from anyone. Her smile seemed more innocent and sincere compared to before.

When I told her the "truth" that we half made up, I felt guilty. It's not fair doing this to her, and she has all the right to know the truth. Us lying to her is like lying to a child about their parent's murder.

I rested my head in my arms, my other hand still holding hers. 

I promise I'll do the right thing this time.

*Y/N P.O.V.*

You don't know what happened, you don't even know how it happened, but somehow you found yourself tucked nicely in your bed. You tried to move your hand, but felt something warm grabbing it. You looked to your side, seeing Jungkook sleeping soundly next to you. 

He hand held yours tightly. You didn't want to disturb him. You carefully sat up, and leaned down looking at him. He was so handsome, no matter how many times you looked at him, you were still mesmerized by his looks. And now that you thought about it, he was so kind as well. He did so much for you, not wanting you to worry about anything. 

Even when you were a servant back then, he was treating you with such kindness. There were so many times when you thought that you were in deep trouble, but he only greeted you with a smile.

His hair was covering his eyes a little, and right when you were about to move it, he caught your wrist. Your heart went pounding. His eyes slowly opened, looking directly at you. You didn't have a moment to react, and before you knew it, he was hugging you.

"Thank the lords." He whispered.

You didn't know what to do. His scent overwhelmed you, his strong arms holding you tightly. He pulled back, examining your face, making you blush a little. He seemed startled by this.

"Is anything wrong? Do you feel okay? You seem kind of red." He said.
"Oh ! No, I'm fine, sorry. I just..." Your voice trailed out. "Did you find the culprit?" You tried to change the topic.

"We think we found her, but the moment I got the news, I rushed over immediately. Jimin and V hyung are in charge now. I didn't want to leave again." He said.

You stared at him blankly. And he stared back.

What was going on?

Hello party people !!! Haha just kidding. Hey guys, back at it again with another upload. Getting things moving woohoo. So much progress being made :D

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, thanks for watching and have a nice day <3