The Time of Angels (4)

"But there was only one Angel on the ship. Just the one, I swear," River insists

"Could they have been here already?" Amy asks

"The Aplans. What happened? How did they die out?" The Doctor tries to piece it together

"Nobody knows,"

"We know," Alex and The Doctor say

"They don't look like Angels," Octavian looks around at them all

"And they're not fast. You said they were fast. They should have had us by now,"

"Look at them. They're dying, losing their form. They must have been down here for centuries, starving,"

"Losing their image?"

"And their image is their power," The Doctor pauses and suddenly stands "Power. Power!"

"Doctor?"

"Don't you see? All that radiation spilling out the drive burn. The crash of the Byzantium wasn't an accident, it was a rescue mission for the Angels. We're in the middle of an army, and it's waking up,"

"We need to get out of here fast," River tells them all

Octavian starts speaking to Bob until The Doctor snatches the radio out of his hands.

"Bob, Sacred Bob, it's me, the Doctor," The Doctor and Bon keep talking until it's reviled that Bob is dead.

"I didn't escape, sir. The Angel killed me, too," Poppy grabs Alex's hand gently, it was clear both were scared.

"What do you mean, the Angel killed you?"

"Snapped my neck, sir. Wasn't as painless as I expected, but it was pretty quick, so that was something,"

"If you're dead, how can I be talking to you?"

"You're not talking to me, sir. The Angel has no voice. It stripped my cerebral cortex from my body and re-animated a version of my consciousness to communicate with you. Sorry about the confusion,"

"So, when you say you're on your way up to us..."

"It's the Angel that's coming, sir, yes,"

"No way out," The Doctor mutters

"Then we get out through the wreckage," Octavian realises

"Go! Go, go, go. All of you run!"

"Doctor," Poppy stays slightly

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm coming. Just go," He kisses her forehead gently and she runs after everyone else.

River and Alex seem to be arguing over something for a while until they both realise that they're trapped

"No pressure, but this is usually when you have a really good idea," Poppy tells The Doctor

"I do," Alex speaks up and grabs Poppy before forceing her to hold her hand

Bob's voice rings out again

"Hello, Angels. What's your problem?"

"Your power will not last much longer, and the Angels will be with you shortly. Sorry, sir,"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"There's something the Angels are very keen you should know before the end,"

"Which is?"

"I died in fear,"

"I'm sorry?"

"You told me my fear would keep me alive, but I died afraid, in pain and alone. You made me trust you, and when it mattered, you let me down,"

"What are they doing?" Amy asks River

"They're trying to make him angry," Poppy realises

"I'm sorry, sir. The Angels were very keen for you to know that,"

"Well then, the Angels have made their second mistake because I'm not going to let that pass. I'm sorry you're dead, Bob, but I swear to whatever is left of you, they will be sorrier,"

"But you're trapped, sir, and about to die,"

"Yeah. I'm trapped. And you know what? Speaking of traps, this trap has got a great big mistake in it. A great big, whopping mistake,"

"What mistake, sir?"

"Trust me," The Doctor looks to Amy

"Yeah,"

"Trust me?" He asks River

"As long as she does," River points to Poppy

"Trust me?" The Doctor asks Poppy as he notices Alex rolling up her sleeve to reveal a vortex manipulator. She starts putting In coordinates.

"Always,"

"Then do what Alex tells you," He nods to Alex and they seem to both communicate something "You lot, trust me?"

"We have faith, sir," Octavian tells him

"Then give me your gun. I'm about to do something incredibly stupid and dangerous. When I do, jump!"

"Jump where?"

"Just jump, high as you can. Come on, leap of faith, Bishop. On my signal,"

"What signal?"

"You won't miss it,"

"Sorry, can I ask again? You mentioned a mistake we made,"

"Keep hold of my hand and don't let go," Alex says to Poppy "hold my arm as well actually," Poppy complies as The Doctor points the gun at the hull of the Byzantium.

"Oh, big mistake. Huge. Didn't anyone every tell you there's one thing you never put in a trap? If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap,"

"And what would that be, sir?"

"Me,"

The Doctor shoots at the Byzantium at the same time Alex activates her vortex manipulator. The two women disappear milliseconds before the others jump.