Cold Blood (4)

A/N: literally the same as the last A/N - I haven't edited.

"Doctor!" The two shouts when they find him calmly having a conversation with Nasreen

"Thank you, Doctor,"

"The pleasure was all mine," they hug and Poppy grabs The Doctor's hand, forcing him to run back to the TARDIS

"Come and look for us!" the three turn back and nod before sprinting down a tunnel.

On their way, Rory passes going back, clearly going for Amy

"Other way, idiot!" she shouts

"No questions, just get in," The Doctor tells everyone as he struggles with his key when they reach the TARDIS "And yes, I know, it's bigger. Ambrose, sickbay up the stairs, left, then left again, get yourself fixed up. Come on. Five minutes and counting!" He spins when a bright light reaches him "Not here..." Amy, Rory, Poppy and him stare at the familiar crack in the wall "Not now. It's getting wider..."

"The crack on my bedroom wall,"

"And the Byzantium. All through the universe, rips in the continuum," He gets closer and tries to look through it "Some sort of space-time cataclysm. An explosion, maybe. Big enough to put cracks in the universe. But what?"

"Four minutes fifty. We have to go!"

"The Angels laughed when I didn't know. Prisoner Zero knew. Everybody knows except me,"

"Doctor, just leave it," Poppy puts a hand on his shoulder gently, trying to pull I'm back

"But where there's an explosion, there's shrapnel..." he takes out a red handkerchief

"Doctor, you can't put your hand in there!" Rory warns

"Why not?"

"Um, because it'd hurt," Poppy says obviously and clearly it does hurt as The Doctor screams and the light bleeding through the crack gets brighter

"I've got something!" he shouts finally

"What is it?" He pulls his arm out and stares, however it's still wrapped in the cloth

"I don't know,"

"Doctor...?" Rory starts as he watches as Restac crawls in.

"She was there when the gas started. She must have been poisoned," Amy realises

"You!" Restac crawls closer

"Okay, get in the Tardis, all three of you,"

"You did this!" Restac raises her weapon at The Doctor and Before Poppy can even attempt to, Rory pushed him out the way and gets the blast full force and he immediately falls to the ground, Amy and Poppy rushing over.

"Rory, can you hear me?" The Doctor ask and Poppy is forced by Rory's feet

"I don't understand..."

"Shush. Don't talk. Doctor, is he okay? We have to get him onto the TARDIS,"

"We were on the hill. I can't die here,"

"Don't say that," Amy says between tears

"You're so beautiful," Rory says softly as he stares at his fiancé "I'm sorry," He repeats as another bolt of pain blasts through him and suddenly he relaxes, closing his eyes as he takes his last breath.

"Doctor, help him," Amy commands

The Doctor looks down by Rory's feet "Amy, Poppy, move away from the light. If it touches you, you're removed from history,"

"Too late..." Poppy mutters as she looks down at her own foot.

"What?!" The Doctor looks at her in alarm

"I'm sorry," Poppy apologises in tears, she'd just watched one of her friends die and now she was going to have never been born. The Doctor rushes forward and grabs her face "I'm so sorry," she repeats and the Doctor kisses her, hoping to make her disappeared as painless as possible (although, he felt his hearts breaking at the sight of her) "I love you..."