Chapter One of Just Who Are You

I jump from my bed feeling the heat in my cheeks. Just who was this guy that loved me with a passion and then kills me. I press my the tips of my fingers to my temple. It was hard to think at the moment. I just had another nightmare. This one is where I finally die.

Since I could remember I had dreams about men stalking me. It was creepy at first but then it became violet by the time I was 14. However I was able to counter every attack before it happened so none of these things ever happened to me.

This dream however frightened me. Never had it showed the man's physique before. Never have I seen him with my own eyes until the moment came. It was always a silhouette or he had on glasses. This man had glanced at me and I saw big dark brown eyes looking at me. They were void and dark and seem to have no life in them.

I stand in the shower now letting the hot water touch my body not bothering to wash up with soap before stepping out. I wrap a towel on my waist sitting on my bed. This guy was handsome, he was sweet, he was a murder, he was going to kill me.

The phone rang making me jump.

It was my boss Miss Harith calling to see if I had finished that portrait she asked about. I told her I'll bring it in today.

Later that day, I stood in Miss Harith's office patiently as she surveyed a women in a white gown lying in water. She shook her head telling me to do it over. She'll keep this one in her office.

"Thank you ma'am."

"Get out," she demanded and I hurried out.

I went to my desk and started on the prompt she gave me. A women lying in water.

"She didn't like it?" my friend Aismir asks me.

"She loved it! It's hanging in her office."

"You know you are the most talented one here," he says shaking his head at his blank canvas. His hair was dark brown and short, he had thick eyebrows and always frowned.

"I had another dream," I say as I begin to sketch in a book.

"Another death?"

"This time I seen his face."

"You seen the man who is going to kill you face. That's going to make things easier."

"You don't understand Tom. I'm afraid I may fall in love with him."

He looked up from drawing a man hung from a tree to me.

"In my dream, we love each other."

"Then don't fall in love with him."

I shake my head and remain silence. 

"It seems like we have a new face with us," he says.

I look up into those deep dark eyes and his immediately lock with mine.

"That's him."