Flight 248

I look up at the gray clouds thundering in the sky while my mother's looking at her phone. We had been stuck here for three hours. I was watching the Minion movie at the tablet when there was a large flash of light and it seems as if the plane stood frozen in the air. Miss Hagine sat with her phone watching the lady on the screen explain the crash of the plane. She had tears stained on her cheeks.

    The pilot spoke on the teleprompter asking people to sit down and wait till he reaches someone. Five minutes later he told us to buckle up and get ready for landing. The crowd cheered at this revelation.

   I went to the bathroom with my tablet while everyone waited. I used the messanger app to call my brother and tell him that we're coming. The pilot said we were landing. He hadn't answered his phone so I left a message. I go back out and see the workers collecting the electronics from the passangers. I put the tablet in my shirt and walk over to Miss Hagine sitting down. The man who took Miss Hagine's phone looked at her before looking at me as I squeezed in between her. He left as the crowd began to complain.

     "The pilot landed," she told me. "But he advises us to stay put instead of getting out. Everyone thinks the plane crashed. They took our phones! I'm leaving, get up." She says noticing I had something under my shirt. "Put on your jacket smart boy," she spoke softly. 

    "Women, do you think it's wise to take your boy out there?" the young women in back of us asked feeding her baby.

    "Ma'am to you lady!" she barks at her. "And yes I know what's best for MY boy! Come on Dain."

   "It's safe to stay inside the plane," the pilot advises through the teleprompter. 

   "He should have never went off course. A plane is not for you to explore, it is your job to transport people safely to their destination!"

   "Where are we ma'am?"

   "Somewhere in the Bermuda," she spoke. Everytime Miss Hagine stressed it seemed that she grew more wrinkles and grew more older by the day.

   She grabs my hand and tells me to hold the luggage we had on the top of our seats. Then we stand in line, waiting as people leave. Some people tried to tell us to sit down and telling us we're irrational. While other's joined a different line to cut the pilot.

   "Ma'am, is Trean's graduation over?" I ask the older women.

   "No, it'll be tomorrow," she smiles.

   "Shouldn't we stay on the plane till it starts up?"

   "No, I don't trust this crazy pilot."

  I hold her hand tightly. When we got off there was an enchanting forest and beach. When I looked back the plane was gone. A group of people stood in a circle hearing the shouts of the people on the plane.