Movember

Movember first starts the month of Men's Health Awareness. Not another month to celebrate the month of men when men have possibly more than they can have. I mean last month's was Women's Rights month celebrating the life of women and how to support them. Mainly all their problems are caused by men.

  I look in the mirror touching my chin. This was the first year I was going without a mustache. I was in the fourth stage of chemotherapy and lost all the hair on my body.

  I could use one of those new technologies that help you grow your hair back but I don't have the money. So I decided why grow hair I don't have when I could show the world that I don't have to grow a mustache to support men's health.

  I gathered my family throwing all their fake mustaches away telling them we're going to go dine and gave them a choice, if they wanted to support men's health month they could either shave their head or come dine with me.

  The choose to dine with me.

  We got stares from people walking by and the waiters at out table. People looked at us in disgust.

  "Don't say anything. Just eat," I told my family.

  They resisted the urge to argue until my wife bit into her food and found a long strand of hair in it.

  "Let's go and never come back here again!" she hissed.

  "No!" my daughters says climbing on the table. "We can't let them win," then she spoke as loud and clearly as she could.

  "You see my father," she points to me. "He has cancer and cannot grow hair!" a tear slid down her face. "Why would we do such a silly thing as wearing or growing a mustache just to say that we support Men's Health when in actuality, we come and instead of supporting us you treat us lower than a person should be treated." Another tear glided down her cheek, "if you support something, don't support it because it's popular. Support it because you care!" By this point tears were running down her face trying to see who could touch her chin the fastest. The crowd roared and applauded my daughter. I took my daughter and put her in my arms as we left the restaurant.