Taking a Walk on the Dark Side

My intentions were to spill as much as I could from this sidekick as possible but when I was able to get into his brain and take a glimpse at his memories. All I saw was a kid trying to impress his abusive father but in this case a man trying to prove to the world and a hero how good he was but taking no credit.

  I open my eyes as the visions of his memories leaves my mind. I look down at the younger man tied up to an arm rest. What hero who saves the world has a secret personality no one knows about. He's just init  for the attention.  

  I untie the unconscious man in front of me and lie him beside my bed. When he wakes up I would ask him.

  A few hours later he did.

  "The Hearth," he spoke glaring at me.

  I sigh and take off the mask I was wearing. He was surprised to se that I was a women.

  "Ms. Hearth to you."

  "Where is your husband?"

  "I don't have one."

  He looks frustrated at the thought of being captured by a women.

  "So it's no secret that I could read minds and see the thoughts of people's past." He glances up to me cletching his fist, "seeing your past I see you never to appreciated. Your like a dog."

   "It's not what makes me feel or what I do. It's about making sure people are safe."

  "Are you sure your safe under Klein's thumb Deter?"

  He looks at me with anger in his eyes.

  "Work for me and I'll show you the appreciation you deserve. I'll never degrade you with a serpent tongue and I'll never take my anger out on you with my fist."

  "What do you want Hearth?"

  "I want Klein's head. You know how much I love capturing heros heads and keeping them as my trophy."

  Deter looks at me with wide eyes scrutinizing my thoughts.

  "Stay with me here and I'll give you a life Klein will never give you."

  He shrugs, "alright," he agrees.

  I read his thoughts to see what he's thinking about.

  "Stop that!" he growled.

  "You're only staying because you think I'm pretty," I say before putting my mask back on. "Rest up, the poison I sent through your body earlier in battle should be winding down. I'll go capture Klein and bring him back here. You will have the honor of decapitating."

  "Go without your mask. Klein is a suck for beautiful women."

  I take my mask off and throw it to the ground leaving my hideout.

  Playing the damsel in distress role made things a lot easier in capturing Klein. If men didn't think of themselves so high and mighty then they wouldn't be an easy target to be used.

  I took him back to my hideout and put on my mask. He was paralyzed as he glared at me while Deter entered the room.