Prologue to Run Scared

They lined me up and I pointed to the man I saw murder my neighbor.  It's been a month since that day passed and the man was convicted and put on death row.  It didn't brother me much, he deserved to be killed for carelessly and purposely taking another's life.

  What bothered me was that one day while I was on my daily jog I seen a black car that had been parked in the same place for weeks. I finally decide to go right past it and when I looked at the window, there was a man taking a photo of me. I continue to run as if I didn't see anything. The next day when I jogged, he was gone. Weeks after, he never came back.

  Then another peculiar thing happened to me. I was picking up my niece from school when I became swarmed by cops. It devastated me to hear that my house had been burnt down. From this moment on I knew that I was no longer paranoid but being watched.

  At this moment in time I had no realized that the man I pointed out in line up was related to any of the things that were happening to me. I thought it was some pervert or stalker. 

  When I moved in another state with my older sister in a deserted country not far the city. I noticed that I was still being watched. She tried to assure me that I was being paranoid but then she too realized something was off. While checking her dog's body cam she noticed a man creeping around the front yard, so she decided to see what happened before that and that day before and before that.

  There was always a car or someone who happen to be jogging before they stopped and glanced up at her house. Whoever it was, hadn't realized that Burt had a small camera on his collar and could see everything that is going on within the premises.

  Immediately we called our family to let them know what was going on and decided to move. However, when my sister was able to transfer her job to another state and we were able to leave, I came home to find Burt barking. I called him over. He came to me and quickly dashed inside with me following him. My older sister Uicia was lying dead on the floor with a long dagger in the middle of her heart.