The Terrible Things

I sat peering at the store in front of me ten steps away. There was no one around and it was silent. I told the little girl to stay in the house and don't answer the door yet I'm worried someone may break in or something may get her.

  I run across the street sprinting fast. I grab a cart push it inside run to the the first aisle and dump as many contents as I can inside. Then hide behind the cart.

  The terrible things had not seen me. I take off the black dufflebag around my neck and fill it up. I push the cart out and look both ways. It takes me five minutes to run before it locks. I take a deep breath and begin to run.

  Once it locks, I take off down the row of houses until I reach one.  I take the key out opening the door to see Sidnie sitting combing a dolls house. I close the door lock it and we had to the attic. Nothing had followed me back.

  The Terrible Things were sleeping right now and not any went awake.

  I sit down next to Sidnie. She wasn't my sister but I took her in as one ever since the invasion of the Terrible Things. We been eating canned food from the market ever since we were left behind. Now we wait for someone  to save us. In every house near, I put a paper inside telling them where to find us if anyone comes. 

  After a couple of years, I realized that no one may ever come. I guess that I have to be content with that. I learned how to avoid the terrible things. The sleep in the day so I am able to go get food and we can walk Pluto, a big dog we have.  Then I either get water, guns, or food during the day.  As long as we stay in the house during the night quietly and not seen. We'll be okay. The only thing I'm worried about is all the stress and anxiety I have from hiding.