The Other Side of Me

I clasp my hand jumping as the realtor looks nervously at me with a sly fake smile. He wipes his hand on his head taking off the drip of sweat telling me that once I am here that I would have to live here for a year and tell people all my experiences with this house is good.

  "This is a millionaires small apartment priced for a person in middle class. No one needs me to say anything good because the apartment does it for itself."

  "Just sigh here ma'am," he says pushing the contract in my arms.

  I greedily grab it and sigh it without a second thought in the world. 

  A week later I moved into the apartment. I looked out at the wonderful view of New York City's Industrial Pollution and smile to myself. I set my cup of green tea on the table and start to type up a poem.

  A few hours later I was passed out on the couch with the green coffee cup in my grasp. I get up and tirelessly move to the bedroom. I stip off my clothes throwing them on the floor stepping in the shower. The warm water hits my body like bullets and like being shot, I began to bleed. I shut off the water wrapping a towel around me. The skin around my body stung me. I call the realtor angry about what had just happened. Of course, being as late as it were, he didn't answer so I left him a message of what just happened and I needed it fixed. 

  After I hang up I walk and lie on my rubbing oil on my skin. While I pressed my palms against my body, the bell rings. I get up and walk out of my room, still in a towel, and look through the peek hole. Nobody was there. I opened the door to see if I were mistaken, but I wasn't.

  My skin begin to stop burning so I decided I could take a bath. I filled it up with bubbles and cold water. While it filled up I checked messages through my phone before setting my phone back on the dresser. 

  I head back to the bathroom and raise my hand softly touching the water but just as my hand comes into touch with the scorching hot water my arm is pulled in. A force keeps my head pulled under as I screech from the burning sensation.

  I flap my arms around until finally I screamed the name of my savior. The weight stopped and I yank my head up as my face felt like it was lit afire. 

  A small chuckling noise came from behind me. 

  My vision was blurry and my skinned ached. I turned around to see a girl about the same size of me for I am still on my knees laughing at me.