A Wish Upon a Star

" At seven years old I wished for whatever I wanted to happen when I'm seventeen. The gold star sparkled into an explosion as I made my wish. " 

     Teen years later I awake to have the band Paramore sing Caught in the Middle to me while I wake up. I look at them not knowing to say. I love the band still but their new music is just not my forte.  I rub my eyes wondering how they got here.

   "Happy birthday Yatzy!" my father screamed putting a cake on the coffee table.

  He knew I always loved the band since I was young but never had the money for me to see them. They sat down as we sang the song A Long Life. A song I wrote when I was thirteen that I always wanted to sing with them. They loved it and asked to record it with me. This all felt so unreal. I'm not a dunce to say no, I jumped in with them.

    After we recording the song perfectly under five minutes I ran back to my room to the recording and looked for my old diary. On top of my diary was an old lottery ticket that was my father's. He hit the jackpot making us instant billionaires. I gap throwing the ticket off my diary as he walks in grabbing it cheering.

    A list of things I wished for when I was seven that I hoped happened by or on my seventeenth birthday to happen was happening.

1) Record and sing a song with Paramore

2) Win one billion dollars

3) to marry James Petterson

  I cannot! It is as I thought.  The third thing on the list I wished for was to marry the James who is now a fart bag  and player. I frown. I wish this doesn't happen.

  "Yatzy!" I hear a voice.

  I turn to see James standing with my father in the doorway.

  "James!"