Chapter One of In Your Arms

Everyone has a dark fluid that runs through their veins. When you cut their palm either a rushing liquid of red comes out or a black crud. The darker the blood, the bad and many crimes you commit.

  I never had the pleasure of meeting such a dark person. That was until the day I came home late. The house was eerily quiet. I checked my mother's room and my younger brother's room. As I look around more into the house I notice the sound of a tap turning and water rushing out. It came from the basement. I open the door and start to hurry downstairs. When I touch the floor I slip hitting my head hard on the pavement. When I finally look around and could focus my sight on the women lying in front of me. I finally noticed she was my mother, lying there bleeding. I yelp in fear and begin to crawl up the stairs.

  "Badie," I heard my brother's name. I start to tell him what I found as he stood in front of me until I notice the black ink dripping from his hand. His blood was as black as the devil's heart.

  "Justin."

  "Are you going to tell?" he asks in a deep voice.

  "Who am I going to tell? I only have you."

  "Good," he says smiling at me. "Now get a black bag and help me toss the body."

  "In the river? That would contaminate the drinking water ."

  He sighs pressing his head against his temples in a frustrated manor.

  I understood why he did it, mother wasn't a mother at all. Her blood was almost as dark as his.

  I grab her head pulling her up when I felt her hand come up to my face.

  I scream as she cries for my help.

  "Go upstairs, your useless," Justin tells me heading over to the women.

  "Justin, you commit this murder and your blood would be darker," I say realizing that this wasn't his first victim. He had killed other people too, that is why his blood is so dark.

  "Badie baby, please," mother cried. She cried to me like all those years we cried for her to not bring another man home. Not to keep her boyfriends because they were...

  A sudden anger grew over my soul and I shoved my foot in her face knocking her out. 

  My brother smirks at me, "hatred is something that is easily bled."

  "Justin, what are we going to do?"

  "Easy, we dismember the body. Use large rocks to make it not float."

  "I'm being for real."

  "So am I," he says as he picks up the elder women's body. As he walks by he pulls his hand out, I wasn't quick to move back by the time he caught my wrist and used his other hand to cut it.

  Polished red blood spilled from my vein.

  "You lack hatred. When I go, don't follow, you are too weak."