Prologue to Ilsa Jerocl

After a heavy snooze on my couch, I finally decide to get off and get something to eat. To my dismay, when I opened the fridge there was bologna but no bread, taco meatll  but no taco and chips but no dip. I sigh grabbing my wallet heading to the bathroom to do a quick wash up before heading to the store.

  I hated going outside and tried to avoid it at any possible interval.

  I step outside turning to lock my door and head to the nearest grocery store. I step into one of those small generic ones when  I notice  on the bulletin board, my face with the words in big red letters missing. It had the date that labeled me five and the last person I seen with was with my father, who described in this transcript to be my private piano teacher.  I grab the paper off the wall reading my name. Albina Jack five year old female with green eyes and blonde hair.

  I took a picture and sent it to my best friend Rachel. Then I immediately called her.

  "Not busy right Ilsa."

  "I'm missing!" I interrupt her telling her to read the manuscript I just sent her. "That little girl is me and the man that I thought was my father, is my piano teacher."

  "What is this a joke?"

  "Please tell me it is one. This has to be a joke."

  "Where are you?"

  "I'm at the grocery store. I saw my face hanging with a group of people labeled Have You Seen Me?"

  My soft cries alarmed customers and workers there who began to stare at me. This is a small town and everyone knew everybody or so we thought.

  I hear Rachel's voice on the side of the line talking but they fall upon deaf ears as I put all my attention to the little girl on the paper. 

  I mean the me when I'm older is a little off. I'm not chubby because I'm all bones.

  "Ilsa!" I heard my voice called as one of the workers approached me to look at the paper I had in my hands. He holds it up to my face and gaps at the resemblance. 

  "Dante!" I cry holding him close to me.

  Who am I and why did this man decide to tear me away from my family.