Prologue of Don't Fall!

I look at Dirmirk with swollen eyes from crying too much. I had lost of my boyfriend of many years five years ago and here was this man who only been so kind to me. I didn't know what I should do.

 I put my fist to my chin looking at him.  He smiled at me and laughed.

  I thought for a moment. High school couples never last even if Jim hadn't died.  He might have left me for college. Yet he didn't, he paid for everything. He even wanted me to stay with him when I tried to go.

  I begin to sob. Dirmirk touches my cheek making me look up into his pale green eyes.

  "I only loved one person in my life Dirmirk. I can't betray him."

  "He wouldn't want you to be sad the rest of life."

  I knew what he said was true but I just didn't want to believe it.

  "You don't understand, I killed him."

  He looks at me confused.

  "There's a curse in my family that started out with my great grandmother that if I touch a boy I love, he dies. It starts at 18. The only way the curse ends is when I'm 65. I will become pregnant and die at birth and the curse will go on."

  It was true. The only way I found out is by my mothers foster sister who told me everything my mother told her. She believed it to be true and now since she seen it with her own eyes twice. She is very protective of me.

  "I don't believe in curses."

  "I didn't either Dirmirk."

  He sighed grabbing my hand, "am I dead?"

  I look at him worried snatching my arm back.

  "In my family, we heal by ourselves. No matter how many times you touch me. My body will heal myself."

  I reached out and touched him again. He grabbed my hand poked out the nails and made me scratch him in the arm. His arm began to bleed when it began to quickly heal.