cover ups

CAMERON_

"The mere fact that this rivalry company thinks that they even stand a chance is pure stupidity and let me not start with the biggest part- they hire new people thinking that this will scare us into taking their deals that are actually covered up set ups. I mean I'm not stupid, I've been at this game for years now. This is what I do, and no new baby company will take it away from me, especially when I'm at my peek..."

I trailed off noticing how Alyssa was just staring at me, no utters, no mumbling, no sound. Her brows were ceased together and her eyes were looking at me, but in the same sense they weren't. She was off. She was staring into an abyss that she wasn't even aware of that she was in. Her elbows rested on the table with her hand supporting her chin. Her chest heaved up and down and it wasn't normally, it seemed anticipated, nervous, anxious even.

"Alyssa? Are you even listening to me?" I asked her, squinting my eyes so that I could properly begin to comprehend what was going on. She didn't even notice I was talking to her.

I waved a hand in front of her and she blinked repeatedly, moving backward in her chair, "Huh? What? I'm sorry," she muttered incoherently, rubbing her tired eyes together.

"Alyssa what's going on?" I asked, seriousness laced in my voice when I noticed how tensed up she was. This wasn't like her usual self and it was beginning to worry me.

"Nothing I just didn't get a good night's sleep," she said with a yawn. I believed her, no doubt, but I also believed there was more to it.

"And why exactly didn't you get a good night's sleep?" I cocked an eyebrow in suspense. She was confusing me right now.

"Cameron just drop it please," she leaned back into her seat and averted her gaze from me. Weird.

"Alyssa I want to help y-"

"CAMERON I SAID DROP IT," She said angrily and then turned her slightly around and when she did that she shrieked loudly and shuddered, before her breathing became uneven.

What the fuck?

++++

ALYSSA_

"CAMERON I SAID DROP IT," I hissed as I palmed my hands down angrily onto the table. I already had so much going on and I didn't need Cameron pestering me about it. I understood he did it because he cared, but for once I didn't want other people fighting my battles for me, as long as Cameron didn't know what was up, he couldn't save me from it.

And its about to stay that way.

I slightly turned my head around when a familiar thick voice spoke from behind me and I couldn't help but shriek. I shuddered and my breaths picked up their pace on their own accord, my body becoming despondent and independent as it took away the control from me.

His evil smirk heading my direction and those eyes staring into my soul as if reading me, studying my every move.

Lucas.

Why was he here?

"Table for two?" The waitress asked him, batting her long eyelashes at him and forcing her breast to be available to his gaze, but he was too fixated on me to even notice her flirtatious movements.

"For one," he corrected her and winked at me, his black hair moving effortlessly into the wind and his wolf tattoo sticking out from under his collar.

"Alright, follow me," she said in a seductive tone and he followed, but cocked his head to side as his gaze shifted to behind me, his eyes sort of darkening and I knew who he was looking at already.

"Alyssa what the fuck is going on?" Cameron said. His tone becoming angrier by the second and his patience running thin, "I get you're going through something, but you dont have to push me away for it. I'm here for you."

I turned around, trying to ignore Lucas' piercing gaze from behind me.

"I'm sorry just- just give me time, with my dad gone I dont know what's happening anymore," I covered up. Staring into Cameron's eyes but I could see he wasn't falling for it. Not one bit.

"Dont shit me, Alyssa," He gritted out. His patience was running out and so was my cover ups. I needed another plan, because Cameron knew all too well I didn't care about my dad's absence, "Dont you trust me?" A side showed to Cameron I have never seen before. A side that was dominant, adamant, and possessive. I dont think he realised.

"Of course I trust you but its just not that simple," I whispered, looking around me to make sure there was no sign of Lucas.

"STOP LYING!" He yelled, slamming his hands down down onto the table. He had now managed to get the attention of almost everyone in the restaurant, including Lucas. His eyes darkened with anger, his hands fisted into tight balls and the veins appearing on his forearms that had been exposed. His nose flared and his jaw was clenched tight. I'd be lying if I said he didn't look intimidating as fuck, gorgeous, but scary. My heart increased its pace and my hands became clammy, I wasn't scared of Cameron, but the way he had gotten enraged had my attention at high alert.

He clenched his jaw and leaned forward to me over the table, "If you dont trust me, fine. But lying to me is crossing the border," he gritted out softly, yet menacingly, "Call me when you decide to start telling me the truth."

And with that he abruptly got up from his seat and stared at me, before paying the bill and walking out. Not even looking back once at me and my heart almost literally stopped and went to crawl under my ass- if that made any sense.

I sighed and ran a hand down my tired face before resting my head in my hands with my elbows on the table.

A chair was pulled out from across me and I almost lifted up my head to apologize to Cameron when a very familiar voice made it's way across the table, "Your boyfriend had enough of you already?" He laughed, "I thought he'd last longer than that."

My body shivered as a cold chill ran down my spine, "Lucas," I merely whispered. It was all I could say as I hadn't had enough courage to speak.

"Alyssa."

"Get away from me, I apologized, what more do you wa-"

"I didn't know you had a thing for rich guys," he smirked, "Y'know, I'm not his favourite at the moment."

"Lucas please-"

"And his not mine, you are. You're mine. Always has been, and I'll make sure Mr.Lockhart knows it," he winked before getting up and walking away too.

He was going to hurt Cameron. Whether I liked it or not and for that reason there was only one thing left for me to do- if I wanted to save Cameron that is.

_________________________________________________________________________________________