Debbie's Suprise

Taraji's POV

I am getting ready on a Saturday, after I just had an hour long class at eight o'clock in the morning to go do something that I don't even know what it is cause Debbie won't tell me what we are doing, and we are probably gonna be gone all day.

I sit there recapping what is going on today putting my hair up in a ponytail then taking it out deciding to wear it down and just bring the ponytail holder with.

I get up and go over to my closet picking out a few outfits to wear. I looked at them then started lotioning my body.

My phone started ringing and I answered, not looking at the caller ID.

"Why am I looking at the ceiling?"

                                                         "Joey?"
"Who did you think it was?"

                                                 "I thought it was gonna be Debbie."

"What are you doing?"

                                            "Getting ready."

"Can I see your face now or..."

I grabbed my phone and sat it up on my vanity.

"You're naked."

                                              "What did you expect I told you I was getting ready." 

"Where are you going?"

                                                "I don't know she won't tell us."  

"Us."

                                               "It's gonna be me her and Carl."

"Oh."

                                              "Did you want something?"

"I wanted to see you."

                                               "I know, and I don't mean to be rude or rush you but I was getting ready so I was just wondering."

"I'm sorry I'm not as important as your friends."

                                                    "That's not what I said I just-"

"Just forget it, it's fine just keep getting ready."

He ended the call and I grabbed my phone closing it then throwing it on the bed.

I sat down next to my outfits and let my head just sit in my hands. My door opened and I kept sitting there till I looked up and saw carl.

"Um.." He kept looking at me and I stood up and walked over to him and hugged him smelling his cologne.

I wrapped his arms around me when he didn't hug me back.

"Don't make it awkward," I said. "You saying that doesn't make it any less awkward." He smiled.

I pulled away laughing. "You're stupid." "You're naked." "You got me there."

I walked back over to my bed and kept lotioning then looked at my options that I had layed out earlier and looked over at Carl who had taken a seat in the chair that was in the corner of my room and I saw he was on his phone.