Really Reece

Taraji's POV

My phone went off again and he finally grabbed it then looked at me.

Babe." "What?" It went off again. "Babe." "What? Who is it?" "Why the fuck is he blowing up your phone?!" "Who is he?" "Reece!" "I swear I don't know." "These text don't look like you don't fucking know!" "Baby, just calm down."

I reached for his arm but he pulled away. "No, don't fucking touch me!" People started crowding around us and stopping to look. "Baby." "Stop!" "Look at me, Baby."  I grabbed his arms and stood in front of him. "Look at me." His jaw clenched and unclenched. "Baby. Look at me. Please Joey." His jaw was still clenched but he finally looked at me.

"I promise I don't know. I promise." I put my hand on his cheek and it slid down to his neck. "I promise." His angry gaze had softened. I let my hand fall down his arm and to his hand holding t and giving them a squeeze. 

"Okay." It came out as a low rasp that was barely audible. "Okay, I believe you, I'm sorry." I shook my head. "For what, I would have been as mad as you were." "Yeah but in public." "It's fine. Now can we finish shopping, we already have an audience so lets just get this done as quick as possible." "Okay." 

He gave me my phone and I silenced it not even looking at the text messages. We finished shopping and I drove back home. We put the groceries away and I finally looked at my phone which was still going off. 

Reece: I need you 

Reece: please 

Reece: my grandma 

Reece: They're here

Reece: Please taraji

Reece: I know i deserve to be ignored but please 

Reece: I need you 

Reece: Please 

I grabbed my keys and headed out the door continuing to read the messages. I drove as fast as I could but it felt like everything was stopping me. I sped up and turned the corner nearing his house. I got out and ran inside hearing the yelling and seeing all the other cars on the lawn. 

I ran inside the already open door and saw glass on the floor. I walked further in ad looked in the room where his grandma usually is but she wasn't in there. I walked around and saw her in the kitchen. 

Her head was bleeding and she looked tired. I rushed up to her. "Are you okay?" "What are you doing here?" "It's Reece." "You need to leave you can't be here, I don't want to see you get hurt." 

"Where is he?" She shook her head. "No, go, get out of here." "Where is he?" "No, just go!" I got up and turned on my heel smacking into someone.

"Who are you?" I stepped back and looked up at him. "Who are you?" "Answer the question." I snapped at him. "Why does it matter?!" Another man stepped into the room. He looked back at him then turned back to me. "It doesn't, but you probably should have listened to the old lady." He smiled at me and grabbed my arm and suddenly the other guy had my other arm tightly held.

They dragged my up the stairs and I heard yelling and banging. There were two guys standing outside the door. They moved out the way and he opened the door and they threw me down. "We found someone snooping." I looked up and saw an older guy with brown eyes a perfect face structure and wavy messed up brown hair.

He had on a buttoned up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and dress pants. His hand had blood on it and that's when I looked over to see Reece curled up in a ball over in the corner.

I gasped and covered my mouth. "Reece." I looked up and saw his hand reached out to me. "Don't fucking touch her." It came out quiet but it was heard. The guy didn't move he just stayed there with his hand stretched out for me to grab.

I took it and he pulled me up then looked at the guys. "Didn't you ever get taught how to treat a woman." I looked at him and backed up. He shooed them out of the room and I ran over to Reece.

"Are you okay?" "What are you doing here?" "You texted me." "I didn't think you would have came." "I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier." "It wouldn't have stopped anything." "Who is he?"

"I am Reece's father. And who might you be?" "Why are you doing this?" I stood up. "I don't think you wanna be snappy with me, just a warning." "Why are you doing this?" "Why don't you ask him?" "Just tell me!" He grabbed my face. "Don't yell at me." He let me go and walked over to Reece and grabbed him by the hair pulling his face up.

"This piece of shit stole from me after I gave him everything he could ever ask for." "You didn't give me shit!" He shoved his head into the ground with his foot after throwing his head down.

"Stop!" I pushed him away from Reece. He slapped me and I held my face. He started choking me.

"He stole from me the least he could do is respect me after I housed his sorry ass and got him a job selling. When you steal from people, make sure you know who you're fucking with because actions have consequences and this is his punishment."

"Get your fucking hands off of her!" He was pulled off of me and I held my neck gasping for air.

I looked up and saw them fighting but he wasn't winning to say the least. When he fell to the ground again and he kept kicking him I screamed.

"Stop!" I ran over to him and laid in front of him hoping he would stop and he did.

"Move." "No." "Move!" "No! That's enough! Leave him alone!" He was silent but I could hear his frustrated breaths. "This isn't over yet."

He left out of the room after collecting his things and I sat there holding him in my arms.

(Authors Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find out.
Hope you enjoyed.