Joey

Taraji's POV

I woke up to my alarm going off and rolled over groaning. I turned it off then rubbed my eyes yawning while stretching after. I got up and went to the bathroom.

I came out of the bathroom and stretched again then walked over to my bed and plopped down on it and just layed there for a minute.

Then I went downstairs to eat breakfast. I grabbed the cereal box from out the cabinet and looked at it for a long time along with my bowl, spoon, and milk.

I put the bowl, cereal, and milk away and got out a pan and the pancake mix, deciding to make pancakes.

I made a plate full knowing I'm the only one home. I washed the dishes then turned the light off grabbing my plate going into the living room, sitting down on the couch getting comfy and turning on the t.v.

I cut my pancakes and put the fork up to my mouth then the doorbell rang. I sighed and threw my head back groaning. The doorbell rang again.

I ate my pancakes and put the plate down in the table. The doorbell was going off like crazy. "I'm coming calm down." I got up going to the door. "For fucks sake, Jesus christ."

I opened it and saw Joey. I hugged him extremely tight and didn't let go for a long while. I finally let go of him and he walked in closing the door.

"What are you doing here?" "Wow, no, it's nice to see you or how have you been, just a what are you doing here." "Well you said you were staying in Los Angeles so I didn't expect to see you till like after new years."

"Well we haven't seen each other in three months since the last time and if we would have waited till after new years it would have been like five months and we can't mess up the monthly order."

I hit him and he held his arm. "Ow, what was that for." "Ringing the doorbell so many times, interrupting me when I just got comfortable and making my pancakes get cold."

"I'm sorry, but for what it's worth you get to see me." "I still don't know how I feel about that cause you have been being a jerk lately." "I know and I'm sorry and because of it I'm gonna take you shopping and let you get whatever you want." "You know shopping doesn't make up for everything."

"I know." "Go heat up my pancakes if you want some there's a lot more in the kitchen." He went into the kitchen and the door opened.

Carl came in and sat next to me. "You know theres a fancy car parked out front of your house. I hope someone doesn't try and key it." "What?" I got up and looked out the window then shook my head.

I went back to the couch sitting next to him. "Joey's here." He looked at me then back at his phone. "That's nice. I thought he was staying in California for Thanksgiving." "I did to, I guess not." "Are you happy?" "Kinda, he knows how I feel."

He looked at me and lowered his voice. "Does he know?" I shook my head. "And you don't plan on telling him." He scoffed and looked back down at his phone.

"He's taking me shopping you guys should come." "Me and Debbie." I nodded. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm pretty sure that's a move where he wants it to be just you two, he's probably gonna take you out to dinner after or something special, why ruin it."

"Cause I know you want to." He looked at me and smiled slyly. "I want to do a lot of things but I haven't so why start now." I looked at him. "It's his isn't it?" "I think so." "I knew there was a good reason not to key it."

He looked to the kitchen and sighed itching his head. "I'ma head out, wouldn't want to ruin anything. I'll be back later for our movie or is that off to since he's here." I shook my head. "Yeah, okay. I'll see you when he leaves."

He walked off and closed the door a little harder than he should have. I closed my eyes and took a big deep breath in then let it out lifting my head back up as Joey came back in the room with two plates filled with pancakes.

"Who was that?" "Carl." "Oh, what did he need?" "Nothing, he just came over to hangout, then left." "That was quick." "Yeah, hey is that your car outside." "Yeah you like it." "It's nice yeah, but maybe you shouldn't have driven it here unless you wanted it stolen."

His smile slipped off his face. "Maybe we should get it in the garage." "You don't have to tell me twice." He set the plates on the table and went outside moving it to the garage.

We finished eating our food and sat around until noon and got up getting ready so we could go shopping.

After putting everything away from shopping

"Are you hungry?" He looked up at me. "Kinda, yeah." "What do you want to eat?" "What is there to eat?" "I can cook something we can get fast food we can order a pizza, whatever you want." "What do you want?" "Something easy." "Pizza it is." "I'm on it."

(Authors Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find.
Hope you enjoyed.