The Hotel

Taraji's POV

I heard a knock on the door and looked over to see Carl shirtless. "You sure you don't want the bed, I'm totally fine with sleeping on the couch it's not like I haven't done it before. Plus it's a pull out couch, I'll be fine if you sleep in the bed."

I got up and walked over to him and put my hands on his shoulders. "For the last time I want you to have the bed to yourself you deserve it as much as I do."
"So take it." "No." "You were always so stubborn. I thought that was just the way you were with me. Turns out it's just you."

I smiled chuckling a little.

"A little bit of it was because of you but most of it's just me you should have known that. I don't change for anybody." "I know but does everybody." "What's that supposed to mean?"

He looked at me for a minute and didn't say anything. He started to then shook his head. "Nothing, I'm going to bed, night." "Night, love you." "What?" "Sorry, it's just a habit of telling people, sorry." "It's okay."

He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him and Debbie finally came out of the bathroom. She got in the room and I closed the door behind her quickly.

"I just told your brother I love you." "Why?" "It's just a habit to say it after good night." She laughed. "It's not funny, I don't wanna lead him on." "Well, maybe you shouldn't still love him and it wouldn't have happened."

"He's my bestfriend what do you expect of course I'm gonna love him." "He's also your ex. And I thought I was your bestfriend." "You are he's one of my bestfriends." "Joey your bestfriend?" "He's my boyfriend." "Interesting." "What?" "Nothing, nothing."

"Who was that guy at the laser tag place?" "He was cute right." "Yeah." "He asked me for my number." "You didn't give it to him did you?" "I did." "What about Joey?" "I can have friends." "He didn't look like he just wanted to be friends and he definitely doesnt look like the type that cares if you have a boyfriend or not."

"Well, I'm the type of girl that knows I have boundaries that have to be upheld  because I have a boyfriend." "Whatever Debbie, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight." "No, no, no, no, you don't get to just drop the subject like that." "Whatchu mean?"

"Exactly what I said. You're not going to sleep just cause you dont want to talk about it." "Who said I didn't want to talk about it." "You basically did." "Fine. What did you want to talk about?"

I sat up. "You think he's cute." "He was, well is." "What are you gonna do?" "I don't know and theres nothing saying he will see me ever again. "You never know we only live like 30 minutes away and we are gonna be out here tomorrow." I smiled a little.

"Why are you smiling?" "I'm not." "Yes you are. You're excited to see him." "No, maybe a little." "What's his name?" "Marcus and he works there." "Did you get his number?"

"No but he got mine." "You've been waiting for him to text or call, haven't you." "Kinda, but I haven't been trying to think about it cause of Joey." "What did he do?"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "It's nothing, he's been being a jerk lately especially today." "What did he say?"

"Like he's been getting mad at the littlest things and it's really annoying, like today he facetimed me and I was getting ready and he sounded annoyed with me and I asked him if he needed something and he got mad and hung up. I just feel like we need to have a vacation or just take a break he just isn't the guy that I was friends with or the guy that I first started dating."

"Well people change." "Well if he's sick of me then he needs to tell me, cause I deserve to know and not be dragged along." "You're right, you don't deserve it."

There was a silence in the room. "Can I tell you something?" I looked at her and she looked really serious. "I thought you and Carl were still sleeping together." She laughed and I sighed cause I thought it was gonna be something intense.

"Yeah Carl is my brother and I didn't like that he was being him and wooing you because he does that a lot with girls but he actually treated you okay." I nodded. "Sometimes, I want it back just press a reset button but I just feel like there is a lot of things that I regret and I feel like crap cause I got cheated on by Carl, Joey, and Cole. I just feel like I'm not good enough."

My eyes started watering. She wrapped her arm around me. "Boys are assholes." "I know but we can be assholes too. Like you broke up with Aaron." "Yeah and for what." "He came back though." She breathed in looking off into the distance. "He's a keeper." She rubbed my arm. "Don't worry T, you'll find your keeper."

I sighed. "I really hope so, I really fucking hope so." She moved. "Come on let's get some sleep cause we gotta get up early." I layed down and soon enough Debbie was fast asleep.

I went to the bathroom and turned the lights off around the hotel room then opened the door to Carl's room and stepped in. "You up?" He rolled over. "I never went to sleep." I walked in the room. "Close the door." I turned around shutting it quietly. I walked over to the big bed.

(Authors Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find out.
Hope you enjoyed.