I Promise

AN: I do not own Doctor Who or any of the characters. I don't own you either.
Your POV
When you re-awoke, you found yourself back in Leadworth. Groaning, you got back on your feet. Across the road from you, Rory and Amy sat on a bench. The Doctor stood in the road, studying his surroundings carefully. "Oh good, you're awake."  He briefly commented, looking at you with a grin. You smiled back weakly, The Dream Lord's words echoing in your mind. "Doctor, I have to tell you something." You said softly.
"I know, I know." He dismissed you. "I'm missing something..."
"This is definitely the one. It's all solid." Amy commented.
"It felt solid in the TARDIS too." The Doctor replied. "You can't spot a dream while you're having it." He quickly moved his hand around, staring intently at it. "What are you doing?" Rory questioned, getting on his feet.
"Looking for motion blur, pixilation. It could be a computer simulation." The Doctor answered. "I don't think so though."
"Doctor!" You snapped, approaching him. "Would you listen for once?"
"Real marital bliss that is." Amy stated, a faint smirk on her face. You glared at her.
"Quiet, Pond." You replied. "When I was in the TARDIS with that man, he told me something." The Doctor nodded, his cold expression softening. "What was it?" Rory interrupted. Amy hit his arm, gesturing for him to be quiet. Tears pricked your eyes, as you hugged The Doctor. The lump in your throat refused to go away, as he whispered, "What is it? Y/N, you're beginning to scare me." You pulled away, not quite sure how to put the reality of the situation into words. "I..." You began, as an old woman approached the four of you.
"Hello, Doctor!" She greeted cheerily, as both Rory and The Doctor stared at her.
"Hello." Rory replied.
"Hi." The Doctor said in confusion, as the old woman looked back at him. Staring at him in confusion, she continued on her way down the road. "You're a doctor?" The Doctor questioned, looking at Rory.
"Yeah." Rory answered. "And unlike you, I've actually passed some exams."
"A Doctor, not a nurse. Just like you've always dreamed. How interesting." The Doctor continued, before starting to walk away from you, Amy and Rory. Amy turned to you, and weakly smiled. "What is?" Rory called after him.
"Your dream wife, your dream job, probably your dream baby." The Doctor answered, as the three of you chased after him. Suddenly, he stopped. "Maybe this is your dream." He added.
"It's Amy's dream too." Rory answered with a slight laugh. "Isn't it, Amy?"
"Yes. Course it is, yeah." Amy replied, as if she was unsure of her answer. The Doctor then turned to you.
"What about you? Is this your dream?" He asked softly.
"What? To be running around in a village with no idea of what's real and what's not? Course, this is every girl's dream!" You remarked sarcastically. The Doctor let out a sigh. "No. Getting married. Is that your dream?" He asked. You shrugged your shoulders.
"I've never really thought about it." You answered. "I'm a bit young to be planning out my future, to be honest." The Dream Lord's words returned to your mind, as you fiddled with the gold band on your finger. "Well, if you do want to get married, let me know." The Doctor said quietly, as you looked up at him. "You and River are better. Now, what's that building behind us?" You asked, looking at Amy and Rory.
"Old people's home." Amy replied. "Why?" You studied all the windows to see several old people staring at the four of you.
"You said everyone here lives well into their 90s." The Doctor interrupted. "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick." You raised your eyebrows, as he dashed off into the home. Rory ran after him, leaving you and Amy outside.
"Can we not do the running thing?" Amy called after them with a sigh. You softly smiled at her.
"Come on, we'd better go after them before they break something." You replied. Amy nodded, and walked by your side.
"Y/N, what's wrong? Ever since we got here, you've been acting strange." She asked. "What did that man say to you?" You let out a soft sigh, running your hands through your hair. "I'm scared, Pond." You confessed. "I don't know how long I have left."
"What do you mean?" She questioned. You looked up at her in silence, tears re-forming in your eyes. She let out a faint gasp, and covered her mouth. "No..." She trailed off. "You're not..." You mutely nodded, wiping your tears away. "You have to tell him!" She said.
"He doesn't listen." You said. "He never listens." She gently placed her hand on your arm.
"He will. It's you; you're different. Now stop being stubborn!" She said, lightly hitting your arm.
"Thanks, Pond." You answered, as the pair of you found The Doctor and Rory. They were both in the main visiting room, with all the old people. Rory was chatting enthusiastically with one of the old people, whilst The Doctor was staring out the window. You gingerly approached him, and tapped his shoulder. "I need to talk to you." You said, as he turned to face you.
"Do we have to do this now?" He asked.
"Yes!" You snapped. "It's kinda important!" He looked at confusion.
"Whatever it is, it must be pretty bad. You've never shouted at me before." He mumbled, looking directly into your eyes. "You're beginning to worry me, Y/N. What is it?" You bit your lip, brushing a strand of hair out of your eyes.
"I'm dying." You answered softly. "That's what's wrong." Confusion overtook his face, before he began shaking his head.
"No." He said. "No. No. No." You looked down at your feet.
"I'm sorry." You said gently, reaching out your hand for his. He repeated himself, running his hands through your hair and pulling you towards him. "You can't..." He trailed off.
"Five weeks." You said quietly. "Roughly." He sighed, as one of the residents interrupted,
"Doctor Williams, who are your friends?" You glanced back at the old woman.
"I'm Y/N. And this is The Doctor." You said, before turning back to The Doctor.
"I'm going to save you. You're not leaving me yet. Not now, not ever." He answered. "Even if it's the last thing I do, Y/N. I promise."
AN: And I'm going to end it there! Thank you for reading; I hope you enjoyed! And I'll see you in the next one!