One Misstep

The attacks came in a blur as the engulfed girl moved only just out of range. The strikes came in so quickly that the engulfed girl couldn't even return fire. As long as the cloak didn't slip up and get the both of them hurt it was fine not attacking. What wasn't fine what was the closing distance behind them. There were only one or two more steps they could take before their back was literally against the wall. They only had two ways out. They could move to the left or right and try to open up the amount of space they had around themselves. Both of the options had extreme risk though. The way the prince threw his punches was wild and wide, and the power he put behind each strike could break any of the bones it came in contact with. The cloak had no clue what to do. It had no choice, it took the risk. Sliding under the right arm of the prince it successfully got out of the almost cornered state they were in. A sense of pride swelled throughout the cloak at its success. The pride came too soon. Before the engulfed girl could turn around Ordik threw his fist back in the direction they had moved. The contact was glancing but frightening. The engulfed girl was sent spinning through the air towards the center of the landing. The cloak instantly started running damage assessments on the girl. She seemed to have missed the majority of the damage. The cloak, on the other hand, was not so lucky. A sense of burning danced across its threads, but they knew they didn't have the time to waste thinking about it. Ordik was still hot on their tails. The engulfed girl got up as fast as it could and took off down the stairs away from the prince. Panic had started showing its uncomfortable face within the threads of the cloak. It felt the need to protect stronger than anything else it had ever felt at this point. It started to protect the girl the only way it truly knew, fighting back with all it had. The strategy caught the prince off guard completely as the engulfed girl turned back towards Ordi, ready for a fight. They came up early and started slashing at the prince with everything the cloak could muster. The girl's life force felt stronger and stronger by the second at this point. As long as they did not take a large hit it would be worth it. Especially if they could land a big hit on the prince. The focus of that big hit would be the prince's legs. The cloak knew it had already damaged them and if they could cause a fault in the movement of the prince at some point in the battle it would pay off. It repeated the same strategy it had before landing blow after blow at the prince's legs. Even if most were only superficial they hoped they would add up. Nothing seemed to be changing in their favor. The prince instead took the lead. He was able to predict the next step they would take. This time he caught them by the throat. Lifting the engulfed girl up to eye level he spoke quietly.

"Come out and play." he started to squeeze tighter around the engulfed girl's neck. The cloak tried to think of anything it could do to help free the girl and came to one conclusion. Taking both of the sets of claws the cloak slammed the blade into the chest of the prince. His hand released instantly dropping them both to the stone beneath them. Upon contact with the stone, the cloak lost its ability to hold its form. The girl rolled out as the cloak released its shape but stayed connected to her spine.