Chapter 8

Dahyun's POV

I'm here on the school garden's bench looking at the flowers in front of me

I didn't bother eating lunch as my mind is occupied with a lot of things

I sighed as I remembered what happened yesterday.

*FLASHBACK*

"I need some time" I coldly said before I ended the call.

My grip on my phone tightened and my jaw clenched

I shook my head in annoyance

"Dahyun?" I heard a voice behind me

As I turned around to look at the person, I saw a curious and worried pair of light brown eyes.

"Are you okay?" Sana asked though she sounds a bit hesitant.

"Why are you here?" My voice sounded cold.

Maybe I took long outside, why am I even asking?

I saw her surprised reaction and then she stood stiff, looking anxious.

"I-I thought you already left. So I decided to go outside to check" she. said nervously as she looked down

And then there, I woke up from my rude behavior.

I sighed and approached her, carefully taking a step.

"Let's go" And I was about to hold her wrist but I immediately stopped.

I just turned my back at her and proceeded to walk and I felt her following behind.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I shook my head

"Stupid," I said to myself

"Woah there -- that's harsh, Dubs. I just came and you greeted me by calling me stupid?" I heard a playful voice behind me.

I chuckled and turned my head, seeing my best friend who is grinning widely.

I sighed

"I was calling myself stupid, Idiot," I said and I faced the blooming flowers just in front of my sight.

I felt her sat beside me

"Yeah, I should be the one sulking now since you didn't eat lunch with us," she said in a sulky tone.

I looked at her and chuckled as I saw her pouting already

"I just don't feel like eating lunch," I said and shrugged my shoulders

"Are you still..uncomfortable being with us?" She asked, back to her normal tone.

"No, I just think your face is boring" I said teasingly

She playfully smacked my arm

"Yah! Just because we were happy to see you again, doesn't mean you're going to roast me all over again" she said in an offended tone but flashes a crooked smile.

I cracked a smile.

Then, I heard chaeyoung sighed

"I miss you," she said and I felt her gaze land on me. I looked back at her.

Her eyes are full of longing but at the same time, content happiness

My smile widened, "Are you perhaps confessing your love to me?" I said playfully.

Her expression immediately changed into disgust. "Eww, just because there's a lot of students drooling over you doesn't mean I am too," she said, cringing.

I playfully smacked her arm

"They're not," I said defensively

"They are," she said rolling her eyes

"If you only knew, Dubs. A lot of students are talking about you, some want to get into your pants" she said jokingly

"I don't get it, why?" I said with a frown on my face, confused.

She rolled her eyes again and pat my shoulder

"You're so dense, My buddy" She deadpanned.

I was about to defend myself but then we heard a loud and annoying voice coming from behind.

"Midgets!" I heard Chaeyoung huffed by the name Jeongyeon called us

I only rolled my eyes. "Stop calling me that, mother!" Chaeyoung mocking back.

Then Jeongyeon-unnie ruffles Chaeyoung's hair playfully. I only chuckled watching the two.

"Don't you dare call me your mother, peasant! That's disgusting!" Jeongyeon-unnie glares and crossed her arms but then her gaze landed on mine.

"What?" I said raising my eyebrows

Her eyes softened. "Do you want to join my team? Try out?" She asks and sat between Chaeyoung and me.

Chaeyoung also looked at me waiting for my answer

"I...don't know," I said and sighed

"Is it because you're getting old, ahjussi?" Jeongyeon-unnie playfully mocked me, which made Chaeyoung laugh.

I glared at Jeongyeon-unnie. "Yah!" I said as I smacked her arm, she just grinned at me.

"Oh please, you're always on your Pajamas while burying yourself on the couch eating ramen," Jeongyeon-unnie said as a matter of fact

Chaeyoung laughed even harder this time

I huffed in annoyance, "That was before, oldie" I grumbled. I couldn't help but show my childishness whenever these two idiots are around.

"Now you're admitting it, "Chaeyoung said as she wiped the small tear on her eyes because of laughing

"At least I'm not self-proclaiming as the Strawberry Princess just because I love strawberries" I mocked playfully, the youngest Korean's expression immediately changed, pouting.

"Yah! Jeongyeon-Annie's the one who's teasing you, why me?!" She said and glares at Jeongyeon-unnie since she can't glare at me.

Jeongyeon-unnie was about to say something but the bell rang

"Both of you were saved by the bell. Lucky for you two" She said and stood up from the bench. "I need to go, peasants"  she added and winked at us before jogging away.

I shook my head and chuckled. Jeongyeon-unnie is still the same.

Chaeyoung looked at me

"I have to go too. I still need to finish my report" Chaeyoung stood up and stretched her arms, she then looked qt me with that stupid grin on her face, "And by the way, Sana-unnie's asking where were you awhile ago, I didn't know you're that fast, Dubs."

I was about to smack her but she immediately ran, still with her annoying grin.

"Bye, Smoothie!" She added and waved her hand until she's out of sight.

I scoffed in disbelief. Smoothie? What the heck?

Why am I even friends with those dorks?

And why would Sana look for me?