Chapter 12

Dahyun's POV

Walking home alone isn't really a good idea, especially when you had a tiring day,

But now, I don't even know what's gotten into me, I decided to walk alone in the dark street while kicking the things I see blocking my way.

Maybe because I felt lighter today. It felt peaceful...

Today was...fine

And I now realized that Sana is...fine to be with...

Our first encounter wasn't something good. It was traumatizing for her. And meeting her once again was kind of surprising, but I didn't expect anything at all. And I thought she's just another classy girl I've met before, but maybe, no, scratch that, she proved me wrong.

My eyebrows furrowed.

Why am I even thinking about her?

Weird...

I shook my head and chuckled to myself.

Then I've realized I'm now two blocks away from my house

But my feet automatically stopped when I squinted my eyes and found a lone figure standing just outside my house.

A figure of someone...that is so familiar to me.

The last person I wanted to see...

My jaw clenched at the sight.

What is she doing here?

I don't even know if I should be grateful that she didn't notice my presence since she was looking on the ground or feel angry about the fact that she was standing here outside my house.

I took a deep breath as I tried myself to calm. It took me a lot of courage to walk in her direction. I was wearing my cold expression, trying to mask the emotions I was feeling.

I won't let her see me that I am still the person she knew a few years ago. I don't want her to think that I am still affected by the past, after everything she did two years ago...

She finally looked up, noticing a shadow just beside her.

Her eyes widened for a second but she immediately recovered, now facing me anxiously.

I can see the longing in her eyes as she looked at me but I shook the thoughts away.

"Why are you here?" I saw her body stiffened a bit by the tone of my voice

"Can I...talk to you, Dahyun?" she said, and I couldn't help but look directly into her eyes, there was hope in her eyes, waiting for my response.

And as much as I want to tell her that I want her to leave me alone and out of my sight,

I know I just couldn't...

I could only sigh in defeat.

-----------------

Sana's POV

I was silent the whole class.

Dahyun and I almost have the same subjects.

She's sitting beside Chaeyoung. And I don't know why I felt uneasiness. When she entered our class, she directly approached her best friend without even glancing at me.

I don't know but I feel bothered today

It seems like Dahyun is avoiding me, or maybe it was just me being weird?