Chapter 60

[Author's note: you might need a tissue]

Sana's POV

I exhaled shakily as the cold wind passed through while I walked through the familiar playground. The gate's open, as I expected.

I hugged myself tightly, trying to feel the warmth of my red jacket, I also wore gray sweater pants and my two-year-old converse shoes, one of my favorites.

I don't know if I was feeling the cold because of the wind or because of the nervousness I felt right now, but I tried to ignore it as I proceeded to enter the playground.

It costs a few walks until I saw a certain back figure of someone, that I could say, someone who became more familiar to me day by day.

Funny to say, I could even recognize her just by her scent.

I assumed she heard my footsteps when she suddenly faced my direction. My breath hitched as if I didn't saw her since the time I stepped foot here. I shouldn't be surprised but it's just, maybe because, I haven't seen her for a while.

She flashed a small smile, so did I. I just stood in my place, as I watched her walked closer to me with her hands on her jean pockets on the front. Her hair was quite messy, maybe because of the wind. Her nose and cheeks were kinda red too. She's also wearing a jacket, a black one.

"Hey" that's what she said as she finally got close to me, one foot apart.

My smile went shy as she stared at me. Oh, God. How I missed those sharp mono lidded eyes.

I tried not to freak out as I felt my heart beats faster than usual.

"Hi" I suddenly felt something heavy on my chest. This is getting weird. I don't really know what to do.

Then everything went silent but wasn't awkward either. It's just us, standing, staring at each other. 

feeling the cool breeze and warm hearts.

But then, just seconds passed by,

Dahyun suddenly took a step forward, and just a blink. I felt a warm body crushed against mine, arms wrapped around my body.

My breath hitched, it wasn't just because I was surprised that Dahyun hugged me, but the fact that I didn't know I miss her hug, that I need it and that I was longing for it.

I feel like crying, I immediately wrapped my arms around her neck, afraid that she might suddenly let go and run. I heard her sigh on my hair, leaning on my head.

"I know I might being weird right now..." Dahyun started to talk against my hair. "But I...I just missed you." Dahyun whispered, but I could clearly hear it. The longing on her voice and another sigh that came out from her mouth again.

I pressed my lips together, trying to hold my tears because hell, I've been missing her so much. So damn much

"I...I missed you too, Dahyunie"I spoke, surprised that it didn't crack.

She let go of the hug, hands holding my waist as she looked me in the eyes.

"I'm so stupid, aren't I?" She spoke quietly. I was kinda confused if she was asking me or was asking herself.

"I'm being weird, aren't I?" She frowned, looking at me. I can't help but chuckle. She is acting weird. She frowned more and let go of her hands off me, I almost pouted, not liking the idea that she let go.