Chapter 71

Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears -Les Brown

And one of those fears is falling in love and the fear of following your heart.

------

Third Person's POV

The fear of not being reciprocated and the fear of losing everything in just one swift

"Let's try to go to different places" Jihyo suggested. "We can't just stick to each other, it would waste a lot of time on searching for her" her tone was visibly worried. Eyes panicking.

Chaeyoung nodded in agreement, despite her tired state, the pain she feels, she still needs to find one of the people she loved.

Chaeyoung didn't waste time going in the other direction. And another person was clenching her fists. Resisting the urge to hold and comfort the person in front of her. It wounds her to see her like that,

"Tzuyu, is it okay with you?" Jihyo spoke in such a hurry.

"Y-Yes..." She said a little bit startled. "But--" Before she could even continue, Jihyo shortly walked away in the other way.

Tzuyu could only watch Jihyo slowly disappearing from her sight.

She sighed heavily and remained to clench her fist,

Despite the urge to reach for Jihyo's hands and to comfort her. She remained still.

When will I be brave enough? Tzuyu thought

------

The fear of losing the last piece of what makes your life whole. The fear of losing the battle.

Absentmindedly. Mina could only stare at her food on their dining table.

She could barely process the words that come out from her Father's mouth, she doesn't also wanna hear it tho.

Her mind's occupied by a certain someone she badly wants to see,

She badly wants to hold and be with.

She remembers every single word that was said by Chaeyoung. It keeps running around her mind.

'I wanna be selfish for once, but I can't risk you'

I, too, want to be selfish for once, Chaeyoung because I cannot risk losing you

'You're very selfless, Mina. You should not have to rip yourself into pieces just to keep others whole'

You're right, My love. All my life, I was so selfless, that I would let my parents choose the path for me than me choosing for my own. I always prioritize them before myself. Letting them have a grip on me, defenseless,

Just to keep them whole while I, Myself, is ripping apart...

'It's better to leave early rather than to feel the pain all the time'

But I would rather stay with you and leave everything than lose you for a lifetime...

I would rather stay beside you than live a life that feels lifeless.

Mina wished she dared to say those words while she was still with Chaeyoung, but fear took her over.

She took a deep breath as she fight the urge to cry in front of her parents.