Chapter 9

Baekhyun's POV

I was running through the JYPU since I am getting late.

If it's not because of my crush, Chanyeol's game yesterday, I wouldn't sleep late.

And as I got near through the entrance,

I saw a familiar figure of a girl standing outside the gate. She was wearing a cap., and she seems like she's searching for someone.

Eh? What is she doing here?

I walked towards her, never minding if I get late. "Jieun?" I said as I got near her.

She was surprised to see me, but then recovered, cracking a sweet smile at me

"Baekhyun! Hi, It's nice to see you here. I didn't know you also attend here" she hugged me and I reciprocated, we were close back in middle school.

"What are you doing here?" I asked curiously

She look hesitant, but answered me, "I-I'm...I was looking for someone" and flashed an awkward smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking. But suddenly realized who she was talking about. "Is it Dahyun-ssi?" I said grinning teasingly.

Her cheeks flushed red tint as I mentioned her ex-girlfriend's name.

My eyes widened in realization

Ex-girlfriend...

I mentally cursed at myself

I looked at her who is now ducking her head in shyness

I cleared my throat

"Well, as far as I know, she sometimes comes late," I said as I recalled the times seeing Dahyun-ssi walking past our classroom.

She finally looked at me with a hint of disappointment. "Really?"

"Why don't you just call her instead?" I said trying to lighten up her mood

She blinked twice

"She's not answering my calls," she said in a low tone, almost like a whisper.

Oh...

I should have been careful with my words

"I'm sorry" I apologetically said.

But then she looked at me, flashing her sweet smile again, "It's fine. Maybe I'll just come back here some time, and also...aren't you getting late? I just heard the bell rang" She said as she pointed to the bell beside the gate

I panicked and mentally cursed at myself again

"Right, I need to go. Bye Jieun! Nice seeing you again!" I said before I rushed inside.

I glanced at her one last time, and I saw how she heavily sighed and walked away.

Now, I'm curious about what's going on between them.

Are they back together?

---------------------

Mina's POV

As I hurriedly walked towards the classroom, I was surprised to see Chaeyoung who is also rushing and was about to open the door.

She noticed me and suddenly flashed a smile.

"Good morning, Mina," she said and opened the door

"G-Good morning, Chaeyoung-ssi"I mentally cursed for stuttering

"You should go first," she said as she widened the space.

I nodded, biting my lower lip at the chivalrous act.

Why is she so gentle?

I shook my head, trying to clear my thought.

You're too obvious Mina, I said to myself.

This is the only subject we have together.

Arts...

The only subject I chose that isn't even my forte.

It's funny, I know, but this is the only way to see her at least an hour a day.

------------------------

Dahyun's POV

I decided to go to a near Convenience Store, before going to JYPU.

Aish, why did I forgot to bring my lunch. I didn't even eat breakfast. I was in a hurry that I didn't even notice that my bag was half open.

I was about to enter the convenience store when someone suddenly called out my name.

I looked at my right side and squinted my eyes

A girl is smiling at me while waving her hand

"Dahyun-ssi," she said again as she walked in my direction.

I finally had a clearer view to see her face.

My eyebrows raised realizing who it was.

"Somi-ssi," I said and nodded in her direction

I didn't expect to see her again after that one incident.

And I was surprised when she suddenly hugged me.

I looked around, hoping no one I knew will see me like this.

This is so awkward

I finally have the chance to breathe when she let go of the tight hug.

"It's great to see you again, Dahyun-ssi," she said smiling from ear to ear

"Yeah" I answered awkwardly

"Where were you heading by the way?" She said as she looked around

And as I looked at my wristwatch, my eyes widened.

No way, I'm already late!

"About that, I'm sorry but I need to go. I'm late for my class" I said and bowed at her.

I walked in a rush. I didn't even bother waiting for her response.

I heard her shouting my name but I intentionally ignored it

"I'll see you around!" I just mentally cursed at myself.

I don't really want to be involved in anyone anymore. Or at least not right now. I was still not used to it after coming back here.

I was adjusting because everything around me... still reminds me of the past. The past that I thought I finally moved on.

Then I heard my stomach growls, it made me stop for a moment.

Shit

I forgot to buy food...

--

Author: Dahyun with an empty stomach lol someone feed her, please