Chapter 10

Dahyun's POV

"Ms.Kim, You're too early...for the next subject" that's what Mr.Park told me after he got out of our classroom.

I just bowed and muttered a "Sorry, it won't happen again"

Gladly, he let it pass. Maybe he noticed my messy look. He only pats my shoulder before he left.

As I entered the classroom, some eyes were now looking in my direction. It was nothing new, really. Since I came back, people have been eyeing me like I'm some sort of an identified species that's very new to their eyes,

And as usual, I ignored them, wearing my usual cold expression to hide any emotions.

Some greeted me Good morning and I responded with a nod and small smile.

Then, I noticed a girl waving her hand in my direction

It was Nayeon-unnie, who's smiling at me from ear to ear, showing her bunny-like teeth.

Despite her popularity, she really is very friendly and down to earth. A little sassy, loud, and clingy, it's awkward how she would link her arms at her like they've been best friends since diapers.

I decided to sit beside her. I don't want to be rude especially to her. After all, we're friends?

I looked around, noticing there's something missing

Or someone...

"Looking for Sana?" Nayeon-unnie is grinning as she propped her elbow on the desk and rested her head on her palm, now facing me.

She's so confident and...bold

I cleared my throat and straightened my posture. "No," I said and faced the whiteboard just to avoid her gaze.

Suddenly, the whiteboard became more interesting than anything.

"Uhuh?" Nayeon-unnie's tone sounds like she doesn't believe me at all, eyeing me in suspicion.

I looked at her smirking face

Wow, she really has similarities with Jeongyeon-unnie

They're both playful and annoying

"Why would I look for her?" I said as coldly as possible

"Because you're...friends?" Nayeon-unnie emphasized the word friends as if she was hinting at something.

"Well...we are," I said as I averted my gaze.

I heard her giggled, but then sat properly when we heard the door opened

I immediately looked at the door to see who it was but felt disappointed when it's only our professor.

"She's practicing for the recruits for the Cheerleading team," she said in a low tone, only I can hear.

I immediately looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, but she only respond with a cheeky smile.

Am I... that obvious?

-----

Jihyo's POV

I hurriedly left the Dean's office.

And as I turned to my left, I almost jumped in surprise, hand on my chest when I saw her suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Oh my God, Tzuyu. You scared me" I said, I felt my soul almost leaving me.

I looked at the hallway and noticed that there's only a few students left since the next class is about to start.

She only smiled apologetically