Chapter Two - Safe and Sound

The park was cold as ice, the sun has vanished from sight leaving the beautiful starry sky behind with the dazzling moon.

The shimmering reflection of Ri was shown in the icy cold waters of the beautiful lake. Her features looked luminously beautiful until the gaze of the shining moon.

For a young human child to hold such beauty is something unheard of. She was far from ordinary. Taeyong always had an eye for beautiful things. As they first made eye contact fear could be seen in those mesmerizing brown orbs of hers. She seemed to be afraid of Taeyong.

When Taeyong first laid eyes on her something made him click. There was this immense feeling that was unique and indescribable. It was like something there that was not there before.

This foreign feeling conquered his heart and mind. She was just a child so how did she have the power to turn his heart and body against him? He left like he was not thinking straight.

This caused Taeyong to feel anger at the fact that he no longer felt like the ruthless king he was. Sincerely not in her presence. When those words rolled off his tongue it left him shocked.

" I will not hurt you."  Those words felt so foreign as he said it. Never before had he ever cared about someone's feelings before but this girl was different. He could not stand the thought of her being afraid of him.

" You are safe and sound my dear." Those simple words had a really strong meaning to them. He could not understand what spell has been cast on him.

Although he is known to be a monster and does bad things. He would not let any harm came to this girl. But he does not know why? And it is eating him up inside.

Surprisingly his words registered in her pretty little head as she calmed down. Ri felt like she can trust him somehow.

Taeyong's pov

I should not let my mind wander and control myself.

"Little girl so what is your name?" I asked.

I know I should not feel this way but I really can not help myself. Why do I even care?

" My name is Ri." Said the dazzling child.

"That is a really beautiful name Ri."  Her name is as beautiful as her. It suits her well.

A small smile adorned her plum pink lips as I complimented her. Her smile has the power to brighten the darkest of days. It is simply contagious.

I can not help but think about when she is older. What will her blood tastes like? Thinking about that excites me in so many ways.

Finally, her house was in my reach. Her parents must be worried sick about her but why did they not come to look for their daughter. Maybe I scare them to the bone. I had realized that she had fallen asleep on my shoulder.

Her small eyes were closed and her pink lips were slightly parted. A strand of hair had fallen on her fair face. My manly hands touched her soft skin creating a spark.

I moved her hair out of her face. I caressed her childish cheeks not wanting to stop. Her skin was incideblely soft.

Standing outside the metal gate of her house. We approached the enchanted glass door with the glass painting of a magical forest at the peak of the sunset. I whisper those exciting words into her small ear.

"I can not wait for you to get older, darling!"

She is truly innocent and it drives me absolutely insane.