Chapter Twenty Four - Beast Awaken

The twilight sky was covered with impending darkness that took over the cold night.

The only thing that could be seen in the murky room was red eyes. So crimson it resembles a lake of blood.

There laid on the soft bed Taeyong fought for control. He was slowly struggling from the inside looking at his beautiful wife.

Ri's head carefully laid on Taeyong's broad cheat as she slept peacefully. Her long luscious brown locks were spread across the pillow as his hand wrapped around her waist. Her features looked so heavenly against the rays of moonlight that escaped from the window. He could not take his eyes off her, not for a single second.

He finally has her right here in his arms. Taeyong could remember how he yearned for her touch. He wanted her so bad that he could go to any extent to make her his. He loves her so god damn much, no questions asked. But something in him was tempted to bed her right then and there.

He got out of her warm embrace and hovered over her. His red eyes were staring at her beautiful face and her ravishing body. His crimson orbs held such passion that burned only for Ri.

He leaned down to her level to press his lips against her strawberry ones. The kiss was satisfying. But something wanted more. More of her.

At this point, Taeyong was not thinking straight. He just wanted to be in between her smooth thighs. He stared at Ri with a spark of lust.

Without thinking he ripped her straps off her silky nightgown. He did not like the fact that they stood in the way of her soft skin. His hot breath hit her neck as he bit into Ri's neck. Using so much strength that it woke her up in the process.

She was alarmed, no that would be an understatement. She was low key terrified. What was gotten into him? It was fine when they had gone to bed? So what happened now?

It hurts like hell as his long fangs sunk into her flesh. She tried to push him off away but it was in vain for Taeyong is too strong. He pulled out leaving a pool of blood. Using his superhuman strength he pinned her hands on top of her head.

Tears surfaced wetting her beautifully crafted face. With all the strength she had in her. Ri managed to push him away from her for a moment. Looking into his eyes was not the Taeyong she loved with all her heart.

Her blood dripping down from his lips staining his shirt. He looked like a beast. Like a monster.

He pushed her harshly against the bed as his hand rested on her breast squeezing them. His long nails ripped off her dress leaving her bare underneath him. Taeyong then licked her cleavage as hit bit down on her left breast.

He was wild, a side of Taeyong she never experienced. Like he has lost his human sense becoming a devil. Now without thinking he pushed his hard member into her womanhood.

Lucky enough Taejin was with his sister. It broke her heart that Taeyong would do this to her. He ravished her inside and out with his rough thrust. He released inside of her as her scent of tears hung in the air. Seeing her cry, begging for him to stop. Something snapped. In an instant, his red orbs returned to their normal colour.

It took Taeyong a minute but he realized what he had done to his loving mate.

Taeyong's pov

What did I just do? Ri was in such a frightened state. Her small feminine body looked so worn out as she was trying to cover herself from my piercing eyes. Her torn nightdress hung lose on her marvelous figure. She was a crying mess. She refused to even look at me.

What caught my attention was the purple bite marks on her once flawless skin! I stared at the four deep punctures with a lump in my throat. How could I do this?

"I am so sorry!" I said as my fingers stroked her shoulders going down to her arms.

"Do not touch me! You said that you would never force yourself on me again!" She said with tears rolling down her gorgeous face.

"But look what you did. If you had asked me, I would have let you have me? Why did you hurt me like this?" She said slapping my hand away.

Guilt builds up inside of me. How could I lose control like that?

I really messed up. I can not stand the thought of Ri hating me now once I already experienced her love. I want her to love me wholeheartedly but now?

"Ri, my love! I am so sorry. Please can you forgive me!  I have no idea what came over me. I felt like I was not myself. Please do not be afraid of me. Please do not distance yourself from me. I could not bare that. Please still love me. Please do not hate me. I really love you. You mean the whole world to me." I told her sincerely.

Ri's pov

I...I believe him. Taeyong I really adore you. My feelings will not change because of this.

I just do not know what happened the Taeyong I knew would never do that! He would never dream of causing me pain. Nothing made sense.

But his eyes were a deep shade of crimson before. There was raw power in those eyes not like the gentle gaze he gave me now. His orbs now had a soothing ray of gold. Back then although it was Taeyongs body it did not feel like him.

Maybe there is someone wrong with him? I have to be strong for both of us. I know that he will never hurt me intentionally.

He is in love with me after all. I wipe up my tears. I take his hands into mine as I gently rested his head on my lap.

"Taeyong it is okay because I believe in you. I know you would never do that on purpose. Besides I am fine now, see!" I flashed him a sweet smile trying to comfort him.

I know he feels terrible about it. I know deep down he is probably cursing himself. He may not look the part but sensitive he is.

"No, you do not understand! How could I have been so careless with you? You have a fragile body. What if I had..." He said looking away from me.

"Taeyong, it is okay! I will always love you matter what you do to me! Please do not blame yourself. It was a mistake." I told him with all my heart.

"You are too good for me. I am not worthy of your love!" Said Taeyong as he moved my hand that played with his hand.

He kissed all of my fingers as a smile spread across my face. He looks so cold on the outside but completely opposite on her inside.

I have to speak to Taeyong's mother about this. Maybe she knows something?

When Taeyong falls off to sleep I lay his head on the soft pillow. Wearing one of his long shirts, I hurried to speak to her.

Once I get to her room. I knock on the door and was greeted with the sight of his mother smiling.

"Can I ask you something!" I asked hoping his mother can give me answers.

"Yes, dear! You may." She said calmly.

"Why is Taeyong acting so different? Why are his eyes so red?" I asked as she let out a sigh.

"I knew this time will come sooner or later. It is the time royal vampires fear. It is awakening." Said his mother but her words make no sense.

"What is awakening?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Taeyong is the king of this prestigious nation. Once a king is over two thousand years, their beast side awakens. Their beast is there to supply them with unlimited power. At the moment Taeyong's powers are unstable. The awakening is a period where the beast's side of him is absorbed into his flesh thus creating magnificent raw power but the awakening is also the time where things can go wrong. The beast can devour Taeyong if weakness is in place. Right now, Taeyong needs you the most. Please be there for him. He will do things that he does not mean." Said his mother.

I left only to be surprised once I got into our room...