35. Day Before

Brooklyn Jasiah Ali -

Today I was going to see Sylas and his friends. I'm finna walk to the corner store to do just that.

It took me ten minutes to get there and I tripped over a rock on my
way but I was so happy to see Sylas none of that matter.

As soon as I walked up to him he pulled me into a back bending hug, gently squeezing me and I gave him a few pecks of the neck.

"Okay, guys we get it." Trenten who was next to Sylas said. We ignored his hating ass but stopped hugging.

"Wassup withchu?" I looked up at him, and he chuckled.

"None just happy to see my gangsta." He grabbed my hand and held it in his hand.

"I want attention." Bryant who was next to Trenten spoke up, I turned to him and waved then turned back to Sylas.

"I'm happy to see you too." I told him as he took the other hand and grabbed under my chin.

"Bruh them days we spent alone got me wanting you all to myself." He said because we never use to be able to escape people.

"Wow." Dashen who was curved next to Bryant (half circle).

"Tell me about it." I said as we looked into each other eyes and got lost.

"Y'all gone have to do this another time, but since Brook was my bae first make time to talk to me." Trenten sliced our hands apart and pulled me towards him which made us laugh.

"What you been up to Trent?" I asked him and he tapped his chin like he was thinking.

"Will you know, I just been partying, hosting, fucking hoes...." The list went on.

We made small talk for a good thirty minutes before I started to get tired and since I didn't wanna get cranky like an bitter old lady I decided it was time for me to go.

"Alright, see y'all later I'm finna take my butt home." I spoke up and they looked at me.

"See you later then" Bryant blow me a kiss and waved, I blew one back and waved.

"Bye" Dashen said giving me a side hug.

"Take it easy" Trenten said dapping me up, then he pulled me into him, giving me that pat on the back hug like I was a dude, causing them to laugh.

Sylas opened his arms up welcoming me in and I did just that, we did that long.. annoying freshman couple in the hallway hug.

"Be safe okay..." He said, I shook my head against his chest.

By time we was done, the boys looked at us with smirks. We laughed, then I waved one more time before heading home.

Fifteen minutes later...

As I walked towards the house I was finna approach my uncle until he tip toed back.

"Don't come near me I might spill." Noah whispered and I looked him up and down suspiciously.

"Huh?" I pushed my head forward, acting as if that's gone make me understand.

"Don't come near me, I don't wanna make a mess." He whispered again, making me slowly back up and look him back up and down.

I rolled my eyes, knowing he had to be joking and opened the screen door of our house and walked in, to see my grandma crying on the couch.

"What's up with yo son son, dukes?" I questioned just needing to know and she looked up at me putting the tissue down on the coffee table.

"He think he a glass of orange juice."

"What- you freaking lying."

"I'm not"

Before I could accidentally laugh in her face, I ran in the back, to my room.

A GLASS OF ORANGE JUICE THOUGH?!?!? People stay off drugs.

I immediately called Grace and she picked up on the thrid ring.

"Yo brother think he a glass of orange juice" I let

"What?" She asked seeming confused.

"He gone say— he gone say" before I could get the rest out, we cracked up. Sounding like some water bottles.

Next day...

"I'm sick and tired of every one of you kids." My grandma said looking at each and everyone of us.

She had us lined up from shortest to tallest behind the couch and was just letting us have it.

"You always off some shits, gotta whole ass daughter now." She pointed at Noah and I tried not to laugh.

"You want to wait until marriage but yo boyfriend stay in my damn house" She pointed at Grace.

"He thought you wasn't here" Grace said low key nervous and her momma waved her off.

What happened that I done missed???

"You my name ain't Brooklyn it's Brook" she mocked me and my mouth fell as I low key still tried not to laugh.

"What I do?" I questioned and she rolled her eyes, knowing I'm the most well behaved child in the house.

"And you little girl Trinity, I gotta problem with you always cussing." She skipped me and I smiled.

"When I do that?" She asked and we all looked at her.

———

how long this had been in the works