34. First Day Back

Sylas Blue Blues -

"And earlier that day we just was talking, how the fuck you let a nigga catch you walking, why you ain't have that missile up and spark it." G Herbo blasted in my airpods, as I looked at Manaseas and his dad have a bonding moment in the living room before he was to leave out of town soon.

I took a bite of the dry ass ham sandwich I made. This just added the to shitty morning.

Bitch as wheat bread.

Don't mind me, I'm just salty my siblings start school tomorrow and I got to go today. It's straight bullshit.

The summer went and came. A lot of good shit happened, some bad. But nevertheless I don't want to go back to school.

I ate the last bit of my sandwich and threw away the paper late. I put my hood up as I walked out the house.

My phone loudly ding and took it out my back. I clicked it on seeing the notification from my momma.

Mami/🪨&🤘/🍑&🦴
Have a good day at school son. Remember you gone take over the world with how smart you is. Love you forever 😘 stay the truth baby 💯

She gave me my morning motivation which she do every time school start back. I laughed at the shit she typed but I responded nevertheless.

YOU KNOW IT MA, I'LL FOREVER BE THE TRUTH. LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYBODY 🗣🗣

I waited at the bus stop the music being my only form of entertainment until the bus came. It's the first day of school this bus ride either gone be super lit or real dead.

The bus pulled up and my eyes instantly went to a motherfucker who was sticking they body halfway out the widow and was knocked, eyes close, slob dripping from the mouth.

I walked onto the bus and realized why they was doing that. It's hot as hell on this bus. I blew out a breath of air while walking to the back where Dashen and Bryant was chilling.

Even with the music blasting in my ear I could still hear what Dashen had to say, "Sylas want it be fine new girls?!"

I took my AirPods out and put them back in the case while sitting down across from them.

"Probably" I shrugged.

"Mane I just know it's gone be some fine girls, I know it."

We arrived at the school twenty minutes later. I finally looked at my schedule and sighed when I seen my first class was english.

I started to walk to the class room, saying hi to people I haven't seen in forever while on my way.

"Hi Sylas, how was your summer?" This shorty, Alyssa asked and I shrugged.

"It was whatever." I forced a smile and continued my way to class. When I got there I sat down at a sit a row from the back.

"Sylas Blue Blues, how was the summer?" This dude Omar asked and I shrugged.

"It was cool."

"Got you some cuddie?" He jokingly asked instead of answering I just chuckled.

It made me think of Brook as I played with my pencil and waited for the day to start. When the bell rung the teacher stood.

"So we'll start the first day back on speaking about our summers." The teacher said, "my name is Mrs. Moose, my summer was good, my sister gave birth to twins, and I got my book published."

She seemed excited so I clapped, everybody looked at me with a straight face and I slowly stopped.

The classroom door opened and everybody attentions went towards that. I grew stunned at who it was, Brook? I smiled as her eyes caught me, causing her to tilt her head.

"Your name?" The teacher asked.

"Brooklyn." She handed the teacher a tardy slip and headed for a seat. The desk next to me were occupied which made me sigh.

Brook had to go all way to the back for a seat, and I started to get up. I grabbed my things and sat in the seat next to hers.

"Ain't know you was gone start going here." I bit my bottom lip making her slightly blush.

"It was a last minute thing, and it's close to Chicago daycare." She said, and I nodded.

"I'm glad, you know, getting to see you everyday." I told her, and she mugged somebody behind me causing me to turn.

I caught a girl looking our way, but she quickly turned her head once I peeped. I turned back to Brook who rolled her eyes.

"You got hoes here?" She asked and I was quick to slowly shake my head no.

"It's none of that, you new, you pretty, I was quick to come sit next to you. You gone get a few stares, that ain't knowing abnormal." I got that cleared out, not wanting that to be a problem.

"I guess you two have something more interesting to talk about other than listening to students talk about their summers." The teacher said and Brook moved her head up and down.

The teachers sighed and left us alone, I laughed.

"You gone raise hell." I told her and she smiled confidently.

"What I do best."

I'm just tryna get this book over with. I already got an idea of what's gone happen next, and how it's gone end.

But anyways last update of the yearrrrrrr.